If your like me you’ve probably heard of a duvet and thought….must be a fancy name for a comforter.
In fact…if your really anything like me you were thinking it was French for “comforter”.
Well I was halfway right. The word “duvet” is French but it means “down” as in down comforter.
So what is a duvet cover?
A duvet cover is like a giant pillowcase for your down comforter.
Duvet covers either have a button or zipper enclosure on the bottom or top of the cover to hold the comforter in place.
This I did not know until I bought one a few weeks ago.
I thought for $29 on clearance I was getting a fabulous deal on a King duvet comforter.
My initial thought was that the packaging seemed small to have a comforter inside but I was blinded by the deal.
Fortunately for me I fell in love with what I found inside of the package, here’s why.
1. Duvet covers allow you to change the whole look of your bedroom and you already know how I feel about a neat bedroom.
2. Duvet covers can be purchased less expensively than buying a new comforter since there is no batting or fill in a duvet cover.
3. Duvet covers are light weight making them easier to clean than a comforter!
Most duvet covers are machine washable, and can be thrown in with your regular laundry. A comforter is generally not recommended for a washer, and are usually dry clean only.
4. Duvet covers protect your down comforter from stains.
5. Duvet covers are used in many of the nicer hotels.
6. Duvet covers are easy to use and slide on top of your existing comforter like a large pillowcase.