I have been tagged by Beppycat to share 7 things about myself.
Here are the rules:
1) Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share 7 facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know they have been tagged and comment on their blog.
1. My husband doesn’t like for me to cook with fresh vegetables like garlic, cilantro and onion for example. He tastes it every time I try and sneak it in. I have stopped doing this because it is deceitful. I love to try different flavors so instead, I cook two different pots of food one for him and one for me and the kids. Am I a super wife or what?
2. One of my biggest fears is that my children will have premarital sex and regret it after marriage. I teach them everything that God has instructed, but it still hard for me to watch them get older and not be able to protect them by making all of their decisions for them. When they were little it was so easy. Now I have to trust that I have taught them well and leave the rest up to them and God.
3. I want to renew my vows to my husband and have another wedding ceremony. I want our children to be a part of the wedding ceremony and for us to go on a family honeymoon/vacation afterwards.
4. I love being a homemaker. When I first began staying home I thought I was a loser. But with time and spiritual maturity, there is nothing else I’d rather be doing. I never thought that I would find joy in cleaning, decorating and managing a home. My husband and children adore me and appreciate how much I’ve given up in order to stay at home for them.
5. I am a New York native with no desire to move back. I left there for the military when I was 21. I visit but have no desire to live there. My husband on the other hand would love to live in New York.
6. Blogging is the hobby on the top of my list right now. I have come into contact with so many new people. As a keeper of the home, I don’t meet many women who live the same lifestyle as I do. So blogging has helped me connect to others who share similarities with my lifestyle. Where else but Tackle it Tuesday, can I ooh and ahh over a clean closet or desk. And where else but Menu Plan Monday, can I exchange recipes with women who actually cook the food they serve their families. What would I do without you guys.
7. Everything I know about thrifty living, I learned from my Mother-in-Love.