Blogger Craft Club

Update: The title of this post has been amended to include any craft that you are working on this year. So instead of the previous title “Blogger Crochet Club” it is now officially the “Blogger Craft Club”. (see below for details)

I was so inspired by Becky‘s handcrafted crochet poncho, and all of the people who created gifts prior to December, that I’ve decided to start 2008 off making crochet Christmas items for next year. I always wait until the last minute but not this year; and to prove it…I will post each pattern on my blog along with the pictures displaying my progress.

I think that this is such a wonderful idea that I would like to get you involved in the fun.That right…if you can crochet and are interested in working on a crochet project with me, I will post the pattern 3 weeks in advance with a mister linky for you to join me. With “Mr. Linky” you’ll be able to link to your post and to pictures of your progress…sorta like a β€œBlogger Crocheting Club”. You can join us at anytime, work at your own pace and even work on your own choice of project and post pictures as well.

It will be so great to work together creating some fun items for ourselves and some gifts for others. I am not a crochet expert…this is the most elaborate project that I’ve ever worked on. But…I am going to try some things that I’ve never made before. Some projects will be a tote bag, a handbag, a hostess apron and a poncho.

The first pattern will be posted in February and we will begin crocheting in March.

This will be a great way to interact with new bloggers and increase your blog traffic.

Will you join me? (Please leave a comment)

1. Tena Helms says

Hey would you be interested in starting this again, I think it would be fun and interesting.

The Proverbs Wife Reply:

I’d love to get it started if you would facilitate. It would mean updating a photo of your progress weekly or monthly and sharing in the comment discussions with other club members. πŸ˜€

You see I keep trying to get you to use your talents. You have all these great ideas. I’d love to have you on board as my craft club contributor. πŸ™‚

2. Linz says

I love the idea! There’s a great tote bag that crochets up in about 5 hours. It’s two flowers crocheted together to form a small purse with a pull out mesh bag crocheted into it. Surprisingly easy (my first project every). The book with the project is called Terrific totes and carryalls by Parks. Check it out at the library πŸ™‚

Chayil~ I will be starting the next “Blogger Book Club” in February. I will post the nexy book at the end of January.

Thank you all for your comments. And all sewers are invited to participate in the “Craft Club”.

4. Chayil says

Just came back to ask if you are going to be hosting another bookclub this year. I would love to join! Please let me know oh and the valentine’s challenge is going great! No more midnight snacking and I dirnk loads of water! I will look stunning for valentine’s day LOL. Actually I want to look stunning before that my b-day is the 4-th and his is the 11 th of february he’s planning a lil romantic get away πŸ˜‰

5. Chayil says

Hadias this is such a wonderful idea! I would have loved to join but sadly enough I can’t crochet nor knit. I am able to sow, I have been taking lessons for about 6 months now and as a pre-teen and teen I had to take lessons too (part of my upbringing lol)

Right now I am working on yoga pants and shirt and after that I am going to search for some patterns to make myself some nice long skirts.

6. ~ Angi :) says

My duaghter and I have pulled the sewing machine out. She’s about to take classes (so I don’t send her to an early demise {chuckle!}) and I’ve a few projects on the plan for me.

While I have crocheted, it is not my task of choice right now. I’ll join you with my latest and greatest sewing project(s). πŸ™‚

7. Rain says

I don’t crochet but I do some loom knitting, does that count? I would love to participate with some of my projects for the new year. This is a great idea!

I am really enjoying your blog!

Happy New Year, Hadias! We had such a nice, relaxing time over the Holidays…we really enjoyed one another’s company. (o:

I’m happy you’re going to give it a try, making your giftfor for this year. You will love it! I don’t have a blog, but I will be eagerly looking in on everyone else’s projects. It’s so much fun to take yarn & hook (or needles, in my case) & make something useful & beautiful. Happy crocheting to all of you!

Becky, sure you can join and work at your own pace and can even work on your own choice of project and post pictures as well.

10. Becky says

Can we join up at any time? I still have quite a few projects to do from the holidays, but once those are done I would love to join in the fun!

Which reminds me, I need to post the pattern to the poncho. I can’t take credit for that one! Oops!

11. Milehimama says

I love to crochet. I’ve made ponchos for a couple of my girls before – it was a super easy pattern. Basically, two rectangles, then joined together in an L shape, then stitched together with a slight twist in the front.

Where are you getting patterns from? I’ve got a couple of links to free ones for a bag holder (one of those tubes you shove grocery bags into) and trivets for a kitchen gift, if you are interested!

12. HopewellMomSchool says

Sounds good, but I can’t crochet to save my life so I’ve sent a link to this to a friend who can crochet anything!

13. Bethany says

Sounds fun! I used to crochet all the time, but now I knit more, and I was just thinking that I’d like to try to alternate between the two a bit more. Hope you get lots of takers!