I have devised a basic system that allows me to keep my skin looking great without taking up too much time.
1. I keep my facial cleanser in the shower. As soon as I get in I wet my face and massage the cleanser into my skin. I leave it on while I wash my body and rinse it once I am done.
2. I use a small recycled jar (like a baby food jar) to hold my toner wipes. I purchase the liquid toner in a bottle and the flat circular cotton pads from the .99 cents store. I drop a few pads into the jar and sprinkle the toner over the pads. Now there’s no more searching under the sink for the pads and in the medicine cabinet for the toner. It’s all in one place.
3. Next I add moisture and a foundation. I have combined my moisturizer with a little foundation to achieve the perfect tint. So when I add my moisture I am adding just a little foundation at the same time, and saving the step of adding them independently. This helps to add a healthy fresh glow to my face that keeps me looking well rested even when I am not.
4. Next is shadow and mascara. I have found that; by using a sheer eye shadow that is in the same color as my skin tone, I can dab it on with my finger and not have to worry about getting it on perfectly. I use a golden bronze or rusty bronze. No matter how I put it on it always looks great. The same goes for mascara. I use clear lengthening mascara. Usually with the darker colors I get some on my lid, because I am rushing. But with clear mascara it doesn’t matter since it’s clear. It will lengthen the lashes and make the eyes look well rested.
5. Finally, I add moisture to my lips. There is nothing uglier than dry, cracked peeling lips. The easiest fix for me is to drink plenty of water and keep a stick of vitamin E cocoa butter on hand. But when I want to add feminine touches I use a tinted lip gloss. It allows me to achieve a look of moisturized yet feminine lips. I also drink plenty of water which not only helps my lips stay moist but keeps my skin hydrated as well.