Inquiring minds want to know

How long has it been since you and your husband went on a vacation without the kids?

When was the last time you and your husband went on a date? (Valentine’s Day doesn’t count)

1. fatiah says

I couldn’t bring myself to go on a vacation just the 2 of us as i know i will keep thinking of the kids back home and will not be able to enjoy myself. But the usual weekend shopping or eating out is not a problem with just the 2 of us.

2. divamom says

Usually a full-blown vacation includes the kids. We used to get away on weekend mini-vacations before we moved, because we had godparents ready and willing to take kids for the weekend. Now that we’ve moved to a different city, we don’t get to go as much. Our last trip was in April of last year, for our church’s marriage retreat. We plan to go again this year, so hopefully we will make it a yearly event!

As for dates, we do those at least once a month. Our last one was a couple of weeks ago, right before my hubby’s surgery.

3. Earthmommy says

Vacation Without the Kids: When our oldest daughter was 3, so almost 16 years ago. But we’re not big on vacations.

Date without the kids: Date? Before Aspen was born, so three years.

4. Lawanda says

We went to the beach on our 10th anniversary without the kids. We are about to celebrate our 15th! Maybe it is time for another vacation without the kids! haha! Not sure if I could handle it again so soon, actually. It was fun, but I really missed them…Maybe if it was shorter than a whole week… Hmmm…. 🙂

We haven’t got to go on a date in a while. But we will someday! 🙂

5. Katrina says

Good question. Last date was to the movies. While visiting my Mom we left the kids with her and went to see The Great Debaters. I think that was over the Christmas holidays.

Last vacation was February 2006. We left the kids, there were only 2 at the time, with my parents and took a 5 day cruise. We still discuss that cruise and are anxious to go on another one. This was our 1st vacation we ever took together since our daughter was born in 2003. But now we have 3 kids and another one on the way. Since my Dad is no longer with us then I think it’s too much for them to stay with my Mom for over a day so our next cruise we’re thinking of bringing the kids.

6. Becky says

I have never been on a vacation with my husband without the kids. We haven’t really been on a vacation with the kids!

The last time we went on a “real” date was pretty close to a year ago. We occasionally run out for a coffee, but that’s about it.

7. ~ Angi :) says

We did a three-day weekend a couple of times in ’07 before the baby arrived . . .my husband used his vacation time for the birth. Normally, we make sure to use a part of his vacation just for us.

As for dates, we take the time! While baby has momentarity taken priority, our norm is a once a week ‘us’ night. Since baby arrived, it’s been early Saturday morning breakfast with him in tow, but no other children. It works. 🙂

8. Maggie says

We’ve never taken a vacation without the kids. Don’t really think I would want to though.

Dh and I get away for lunch sometimes but right now the baby needs to go with us. As for a actual “date” we didnt even do that before we had kids.LOL

9. Colleen says

vacation without the kids – Last spring we went to NYC without kiddies because I had to meet with an oncologist there. We did make a long weekend out of it and had fun. Actually we are planning our 10th anniversary trip to Ireland for next summer. That will be our first planned trip without the lids. We actually love to travel with our kids and go to Disney every year.

Date – our last one was a few weeks ago. he has been out of town on business for two weeks. We will be having another date soon!!! we have learned that lunch dates are the best and most relaxing for us!