Do you see what I see?

I’d like to share with you some images from around my house. Growing up in the city all of my childhood, I have never been able to experience wildlife right in my backyard until now. So for all of you country folks who yawn at the idea of getting excited over the sight of a bunnies hoping around their backyard please bear with me.

This fella has been visiting my backyard for the past two summers. I sure hope that he finds his way back again. If anyone knows what species he is I would for you to share.

These are my Gladiolus blooms from last year. I will be sharing pictures of this years first blooms very soon. I forgot that I’d saved this picture on my computer. It made me smile as soon as I saw it, so I decided to throw it in to brighten your day.
Finally, I get lots of these little guys. I like them because they are not so afraid of people. They run around on the grass right along with the children. Unless of course the children try and catch them.
I would love to know what you see that inspires you when you spend time outside of your home?

Thank you for taking the time to look and my pictures and to read my blog. If you like the time that you spend here, consider subscribing using the links on my right sidebar. It says ‘Subscribe to my Blog Free’.

Comments

1. Barbara H. says

We used to have a bird feeder, and I loved to sit at the kitchen window and watch them come and go. I hear an owl out there that I would love to catch site of some time. That gladiolus is beautiful!

Outside here I enjoy the roses and azaleas in the spring and the beauitful fall colors in autumn. We have an occasional bunny pass through, too.

Thank you all for stopping by. I have returned the favor and I was delighted by all of your recent post. Please know that appreciate your visits.

3. Thru Pink Curtains says

I’m glad you posted on my site. Love the birds would love to see more of what you have there although the bunny is not so interesting hahha becaus ei have one that eats my gardent hings and is a general nuisance. but cute things anyway.

4. Dawn says

I don’t live in the country, but do have a good sized yard. My favorite thing is to watch the flowers come each spring, and continue thorughout the summer.

Thanks for stopping by my site today! I love having ne visitors.

5. Jewelgirl says

WOW, you have glads already!
    I am hopeing the ones I planted
    2 years ago come back again, last
    year they were sparse. Great
    Hawk photo!

6. Bren says

We get hawks just like that one here. This year we have a crane. It is HUGE and has a very long neck. There is no large body of water around here, so when I saw it flying over my house a few times I wondered where he was going. The other day I saw him at the manmade pond at the local college. Hmmmm. I was certain they liked large bodies of water.

7. A Hint of Home says

So happy I could help your cause. (smile)
    I hope you get furniture in the bedroom if that is what you want.
    I have so much company that it is our place to retreat to. That they can do something else or stay up and watch TV if they want.
    Thanks for stopping by today.

8. TJ says

Very cool photos! I get to see similar hawks on my drive to drop the kids off at Grammy and Papa’s each day. We also get pelicans, herons and there are some peacocks. We only get quail in our yard. Nice that you have your own rodent control!

9. Hootin' Anni says

It most definitely IS a hawk. Wow, how thrilling. I have a bird book somewhere in this room, but to find it and look it up…well, hold on…I’ll be back.

Okay…I’m back.
    It looks like a “Marsh Hawk” The markings on the tail and the head shape. Do you live in an area where there is “grasslands and marshes…” It feeds on rodents. If it has a white rump it’s definitely a Marsh Hawk…

The gladiolas are gorgeous.

Great Show N Tell, hope you can stop by mine sometime today. Have a super weekend.

10. A Hint of Home says

I love watching all the birds outside. I sit on the front rocker with my toddler grandson and point out each visitor.
    Enjoy your weekend and little visitors.

11. Constance says

I’m guessing your 1st visitor is some type of hawk. I always enjoy the birds as they flock around the feeders and are chirping in the tree that is right off the porch. I have 3 windchimes that were given to me by my best friend and my kids that inspire me everytime I hear their sweet tinkling tones!
    Connie