Show and Tell: Edible Decorations

Decorating with food is one of the easiest and most enjoyable ways to decorate a kitchen. Using herbs in a windowsill or fuit artistically placed on a counter can add beauty to any kitchen.

My italian flat leaf parsley seems to be enjoying it’s spot here in my kitchen window.

This is a great place for it. It’s easy to water since it is right over the sink.

Be sure to visit these ladies for more images of decorating with food.
Meredith of Like Merchant Ships
Kelli host of Show &Tell Friday

1. Kimba says

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Nice to “meet” you. And your herbs are so pretty and practical.

Thanks for sharing.

2. Jaderocks says

Your little garden on the windowsill is such a good idea and you have it set up so cute. I have my herbs right outside my kitchen door. I don’t have live plants in the house because my cats always try to eat them. I like the liitle chicken and lamb with them.

3. Earthmommy says

That is so pretty and enjoyable to look at. It’s nice to be surrounded by living things, and bringing nature indoors is always great. You have a nice view from your kitchen window too it looks like.

4. Wanita says

Fresh herbs are wonderful for cooking. I have grown mine outside during the summer, but perhaps I should try growing them on a windowsill in the winter. It would be so nice to have them all year long.

5. Susie says

A little herb garden right on your kitchen windowsill is such a great idea. It’s both decorative and oh so practical. Mine is just outside the kitchen in an old red kid’s wagon that I can move around. I love fresh herbs for cooking..

6. TJ says

That looks beautiful! I’m sure your family appreciates the fresh herbs too.

I don’t have any windows to do that in, and the cats are convinced everything I plant is for them to nibble on! I hope to one day be able to do the same though.

7. Mary says

Your window is beautiful and I love the parsley there with the little chicken and lamb decorations. A very pretty window decor. Thanks so much for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

8. A Hint of Home says

It must be great to just reach over and get a pinch of an herb you need for a recipe. Thanks for sharing.

9. Dawn says

Wonderful photos of your home grown herbs! I am not certain I could be successful in growing them in my home.

I would love basil in my house.
    I’ll grow in in the garden instead.

10. Barbara H. says

You’re right, they’re lovely! I have to say I have never used fresh herbs. I imagine they’re much more flavorful.

11. Hootin' Anni says

I love how you worded your SnT…”decorating with food”….I bet your kitchen sill really lights up your room, and makes it smell so good. LOVE the lamb!

My SnT this week is Native American Jewelry. I also added a book review this morning too, so scroll down below the review for commenting. Happy Friday to you…….