Soap Dispenser

I have seen some really neat dish soap dispensers around the web. I have been searching for something that I could keep on top of my sink that was functional yet appealing to the eye. This is what I have come up with for now.

I filled this little guy with dish soap and I must say that I have been enjoying his presence as he watches me do the dishes.
He has a large opening on his back (as you can see below) that makes him easy to fill and refill.
And here is his mouth open and ready to be of service.
Happy Dishwashing.

Please visit Kelli’s for more Show and Tell Friday!
Also check out Canada Girl‘s Friday Show and Tell

1. NHizName says

I came across your blog sometime ago, but haven’t “visited” in awhile! I love all your recipes and other things you share.
    Just wanted to say that I have one of these pretty little rooster teapots and had never thought of using it this way, but I think I’ll give it a try!
    Thanks for all the great things you share!

2. MammyT says

I think that’s a wonderful idea! And attractive too. I have one of those soap dispensers that is built into the sink. I do not like it. It is always in the same place, where I DON’T need it. It’s on the side of the sink with the disposal, for one thing. I never fill that side with dish water. So I take a dirty cup or a discloth and hold it under the spout while I pump it. then put that into the other side of the double sink for dishwater. Sheesh!
    What a dumb idea. I love the idea of pouring it into wherever you need it.

3. Jaderocks says

Very clever idea. I always try to hide the ugly dish soap bottle. I will have to look for something I can use instead. Love the rooster.

4. Tiffany says

Great idea:) Our dishwasher broke, so,with 8 people dirtying dishes, we have plenty of dishes to wash by hand and can use nice things to look at!

5. Constance says

Well, isn’t that clever? I never would’ve thought of using a small pitcher like that! You are one creative lady! Thanks for sharing!

6. SuzyScribbles says

That is just adorable! I used to have a chicken in a nest with eggs and if you turned it on, it cackled as you walked by. It was a centerpiece. Why oh why did I let my DH use it for a White Elephant gift one year at his office? (maybe because I’m not a “keeper”–worse luck).

7. TJ says

What a marvelous idea! I desperately need to find something for my dishsoap. The dirty plastic bottle isn’t very pretty.

I too am able to allow my mind to be absent in the flesh and present with the Lord while washing dishes.

The warm water on my hands, the items around my sink that I adore and the view of the backyard becomes my resting place.

I share these secrets with my daughters so that they will not allow their homemaking duties to become their task master when they become wives and mothers.

Thank you fo commenting Stacy.

Laurie, it was given to me by my close friend and neighbor.

I think that it’s supposed to be some sort of kettle for milk or tea but I just use it to pour dish detergent.

Canada I agree that when you surround your home with things that inspire you daily homemaking becomes a more joyful duty.

11. Hootin' Anni says

Well, I tried commenting and it didn’t ‘take’…but I’ll try again.

This is so adorable, now I want one.

My show n tell has a “mother’s day” theme, I sure hope you can stop by if you have time.

Happy Friday.

12. Canadagirl says

Welcome to Show and Tell Friday. I just LOVED your soap dispenser. My MIL has a love of chickens and roosters. I wish I could find something like this for her. [0= I can see why you enjoy have this little one around while doing dishes. I find when you have little things like this around it makes the chores more of a joy.

Blessings in Him<><

13. Laurie says

What a great idea to use this happy little guy as a soap dispenser! Did you find him at an antique store? Too cute!

14. Pam says

Hi! That dishwasher dispenser is so neat. I have never seen anything like that. I bet it does make dishwashing more enjoyable. Where did you find it?

15. Stacy says

I love your “happy dishwashing” comment. I have found that when the Lord speaks the most profound things to me, it is usually when I am doing the dishes.

In fact, I have been very lazy at teaching my 11 yo dd to wash dishes, simply because I don’t want to give up that spot and possibly miss what the Lord wants to speak to me!