Goals met this Month

I hope that everyone has had a great weekend. I spent part of my weekend making dish cloths. I have really enjoyed making these dish clothes for friends and family. I will be adding them to mini gift baskets filled with inexpensive kitchen gadgets and a sweet smelling dish soap. As I crochet each of these clothes my mind is free to think about the friends and family members who will receive them. I am able to pray for them and get encouragement knowing that they love me just as much as I love them.

Here is a photo of my indoor Impatience plant. This is my first experience with ‘Impatience’ and I am not sure how long they will bloom or grow for that matter. I have had them since Memorial Day. I purchased two 8 packs for $1.00 so, I think that I did pretty well.

Here is my Basil plants. Well one of them. I brought this one inside because ‘Japanese Beetles’ were beginning to much on the leaves before I could. I still have four more outside in my vegetable garden and the slugs and caterpillars get to much on a few of those leaves before I harvest them.

Here are the annual ‘Petunias’ that I bought early in the Spring on clearance. I paid $1.00 per pot and was able to fill in a good bit of my front yard landscape at that price.

These are my ‘Gladiolus’ that were planted three years ago. I love them because they are so hardy and beautiful as cut flowers.
I only cut the yellow, because if I don’t the ‘Japanese Beetles’ will have a field day with them. For some reason they are not attracted to the red ‘Gladiolus’.
This year I added some purple ‘Glads’ which I will share pictures of once they bloom in the Fall.

I love the colors found in my Tropical Plant. This plant is an annual, but I will bring it inside during the Fall to see if it will last until next season.

Below are the new additions to my flower beds. First is a pink blooming ‘Lantana‘.
Next is the Peaches and Cream ‘Lantana‘. Next is the “Red Spread Lantana” which blooms red and orange.

Also making a debut is seed grown mini ‘Zinnia’s’

And store bought large ‘Zinnia’s. The first picture is a Zinnia as it unfurls it’s beautiful petals.

The next addition is the ‘Pink Phlox”.
Finally, are some of my foundation plants. I have ‘English Ivy’…
and a few Hosta’s.

This is my backyard veggies and flower bed. I started it this year so it is a work in progress. In front is a yellow ‘Wild Cone Flower’

Behind it is a ‘Juniper’ bush and garlic sprouts.
Tomato plants below.

Thank you for stopping by and checking out what I have gotten done this month.
What have you accomplished this month that brings you joy?

Comments

Muthering Heights~ Good for you. I’ll bet that your family loves it. You are certainly right about being able to control the ingredients that go into the bread or any food made from scratch.

That was one of my main reasons for beaking my own breads and cooking from scratch.

Thanks for stopping by.

2. Muthering Heights says

Wow, you must have quite the green thumb! Your plants look amazing!!

I’ve taken a page from your book and have started baking baking bread to freeze. My family loves it, I can ensure that the ingredients are vegan and organic, and it saves money! Thanks for the great idea!

Capturing Today~

As far as your question regarding the usefulness of crochet dishclothes…I would say that they are just a useful as store bought for washing dishes. They are not useful for wiping surfaces. They don’t absorb water in the same way that a dishcloth does. I have more that one at my sink since one child needs a cloths fro washing dishes while another needs a cloth for wiping tables.

The yarn I use is wool…I think? But with ao many materials on the market I’m sure that you could find something that works fro you.

Thanks for visiting.

4. Capturing Today says

My grandmother taught me to crochet as a child, but I haven’t done it in years. I really need to see if I can pick it back up and make some things for my daughters’ hope chests! Do the dishcloths work well or are they more decorative? What kind of crochet thread did you use for them?

5. Andrea McMann says

Lovely photos! I’m sure your loved ones will adore the dish cloths, and I truly believe that all the love and care that goes into handmade items is worth more than anything that could be bought in the store! I wish I could crochet!

Looks like you’ve been busy in the garden, too! Great job! 🙂

6. CONNIE'S THOUGHTS FROM THE HEART says

I loved all the beautiful colored dish clothes. Those recieving them are going to be very happy.

The flowers are just wonderful. They make me feel very happy just looking at them.Thank you for sharing all with us. connie from Texas

7. Earthmommy says

Hadias, you certainly have the green thumb! Congrats on all your gardening successes and bargains! I really love your heart-shaped dish cloth too, very cute!