The Holy Bible

I stumbled across this KJV Holy Bible Black Heritage Edition at a flea market some years ago. As soon as I saw it I was immediately drawn to it.
I want to give you a glimpse of what’s inside.

The earliest date that is written in this Bible is 1915. When I look at the names I wonder where the descendants are and if they would be glad to have this treasure back in their families possession.

Some beautiful artwork from the Bible.

Daniel and the lions’ den

The page on the bottom left gives a message regarding our lives without Jesus Christ.
  But when you lay the transparent red page atop a new message appears. It’s the gospel of salvation.

Jesus is baptized by John
Jesus enters Jerusalem

Simon of Cyrene bears the cross for Jesus

The Lilies emerging from the tomb with Jesus are just so beautiful.

The Saviour has risen!

Just the pictures alone tell a beautiful story of God’s Holy Book. If you are interested in the artist of any of these prints just let me know which one/s and I will be glad to share what I know.

1. Cherish the Home says

Wow, that is amazing, what a treasure! It always makes me kind of sad when treasures like this end up in flea markets and garage sales. I can’t imagine ever giving up something like that.

I think that the consensus is that you don’t allow family treasures to be lost if at all possible.

I see that many of you guys hold family heirlooms as something sacred.

I am creating many heirlooms for my chioldren and grandchildren especially since I don’t have any heirlooms for my family.

Thank you all for stopping by and sharing your thoughts.

You certainly did find a treasure, Hadias. The artwork is amazing. I do agree with the other commenters that it’s too bad it fell out of the hands of the family that first owned it….I wonder why, & how?

4. Jewelgirl says

Do you have any idea where the
    Bible (place) came from? If you
    have a town or city, I would photo
    copy it & submit the info to the local geneaology society. Someone
    might appreciated this family history in the future. I am a bit
    young to have owned the purses,-
    from my moms era! 🙂

5. Barbara H. says

What an amazing find! It’s too bad it fell out of the hands of the family! The artwork is beautiful and I especially like that a message appears with the red page overlay.

6. Love Bears All Things says

This is a special find. Someones genealogy is written here. I am always saddened when I discover family pictures,letters and Bibles in the antique stores. I wonder how they could have parted with them.
    Mama Bear

7. TJ says

That is an amazing find! It looks like most of the pictures are more accurate as to how people actually looked too! The middle with the red film is amazing! Too bad that someone felt it wasn’t important enough to stay in the family, but it’s good to know that you treasure it.

8. says

This is an absolute treasure! I still have my first bible – no beautiful pictures, but is is still a treasure to me. Thank you for sharing such a beautiful find!

9. Susie says

Isn’t it amazing the family treasures one can find at garage sales. It makes me wonder what would cause them to part with such a keepsake.
    Great show n tell 🙂

10. Mam and Lizi says

Hadias, this is an incredible treasure. Does it have a family name in it? I’d love to look through it. I thought it was interesting that, although many of the figures were dark-skinned, Jesus still appears to be white. Now, I KNOW that’s not right. Thank you for sharing this marvellous book.

11. Constance says

It always saddens me to hear of bibles or photos for sale. I treasure that sort of stuff. Their loss is definitely your gain and the artwork is absolutely beautiful. I LOVED how the red sheet tells the Gospel story and the lilies outside of the tomb with our Risen Savior are gorgeous!
    Have a lovely weekend!

12. Bren says

Beautiful. I would think the family would have wanted to keep that. I have my Grandmother’s family Bible and can not imagine in not in the family. Some of the pictures you showed are in my Family Bible too. I really like the overlay pic…I don’t have that. Very unique.

13. Hootin' Anni says

What a wonderful treasure you found! I would love to have taken that home for myself too. Fabulous show n tell!!!