Prayz God, We have two cars

Today was such a wonderful day that I wanted to share it with you all. I did not do anything spectacular. I went grocery shopping and dropped some things off at a local children’s consignment shop. However, what made today so special is that I did not have to rush back home to give my husband the car.

This past weekend we purchased a small used car for him and I now use the mini-van. Today I felt truly blessed and so very thankful to God for granting me the patience to wait for His direction in providing us with another car. It has been a long time since we have had two cars and I feel humbled by the privilege. It is amazing how much your perspective can change when a situation changes.

When we went from having two cars to having one, I struggled with being stuck at home. Nevertheless, this time without a car has granted me the time necessary to focus on my work at home. When we had, two cars I planned daily reasons to get out of the house. Now that I have a car again I long just as much to be home. It is so amazing how God can shift ones focus to make it better.

I am truly blessed of the Lord.

Comments

I am glad that your family was not hurt Divamom. Although the situation didn’t work out the way you may have wanted it to isn;t God’s plan so much better.

Taking your husband to work is a wonderful privelege. You are double blessed. You get to spend time talking with him during the drive and you get the car during the day to take care of any errands that you have.

Thank you for stopping in. I will be by to visit soon.

It sure does Kate and being at home for me has become a Good Thing. Thank you for visiting and for sharing your thoughts.

I am very happy to Lawanda and so glad that you stopped by. I hope that your computer issues are straightened out now.Have a joyful day.

Your words are so true Brenda. At times I have missed Gods blessing because I have chosen to complain about the incidents rather than thank God in advance for His blessing. I am so glad that I didn’t miss Him this time.

5. Divamom says

God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! We had an accident back in December and one van was totaled and at the same time the other needed a new transmission. So, the totaled one was paid off and the money paid off another loan (not enough to purchase a new one) and the other one was traded in. Now we have one (SUV, hallelujah), and although I’m not confined to the house, I’m having to drive my husband back and forth to work and to the airport. If the Lord blesses us with another one, I’ll probably miss taking him!

6. Earthmommy says

Yay! I am so happy for you guys. I can completely identify with how you feel. When my hubby first started his current job we lived across town, and with only once car I was stuck in the house all week. At first it was really hard, but I did adapt to it and it has changed my perspective as well. Now that we live on site where he works I have the car again, but I am not as eager to get out as often.

7. Lawanda says

Life can definitely be difficult with only one car! Especially if your dh was always away from home in it! I am so happy that you have another car!! 🙂

I am very, very happy for you Hadias!! And yes, the additional blessing of your change from "I'm stuck at home" to "I'm privileged to be home & really want to be there"…..God uses so many incidents, both large & small, to bring about the change he wants to see in us. :o)

Brenda