Scrapbook Journal

I have kept a journal ever since I can remember. Putting my words on paper has always been a joyful experience for me. So when I came across the concept of adding pictures to my pages I was hooked.

Below are some pages that I have shared from my journal.

I choose pictures that inspire me to focus on my home. Pictures such as a beautiful kitchen sink or a colorful garden.

Keeping a scrapbook journal also helps me cut down on the amounts of magazines that I have laying around. After I read them, I tear out the pages of interest. Then through out the week I trim and glue them onto blank journal pages.

Each day I am inspired by a new image.

What do you do that inspires you to be the better keeper of your home?

I'd love to do this! It's much more insipring than just a file folder, which I have, & is a better record of one's time & thoughts as well. My second daughter enjoys doing this. She gets a real kick out of looking back at her earlier efforts ("When I was little, Mom"…..she's only 14!).

thanks for posting this,

2. Regina says

I keep a journal (hand written and one on the computer which will one day become a book!).
    I never really got into scrapbooking! But I have seen some fabulous ones!
    Keep doing what you do!

3. Anna says

Great Journal! I admire you for organizing it so nicely. My ideas usually go on the computer but aren’t as lovely as your photo wish list. Thanks for sharing.

4. Kathy says

What a wonderful journal! I wish I had started the same practice years ago. Great post, Hadias!
    Kathy (

5. jen says

I have three ring binders that are divided into catagories where I have taped pics from magazines.

I have spent precious time putting these together with my daughters. They each have their own notebooks.

6. Chaos Cottage says

I really love your journal. I love that you can put down your thoughts on everything and it helps jog your memory to do or try things later. I want to start one of these too. It beats having scraps of paper everywhere.

7. ceekay says

I love your journal…what a great idea and fun to look back at I am sure…I started a blog journal. It has various blogs for me to check and ideas that I see that I may want to try…I got tired of all the little pieces of paper around the computer!

8. DeNiece Barnes says

I love your journal, it even inspires me to start one of my own, you have beautiful pages. What a great show and tell.

9. molly says

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog.
    I’ve the habit of cutting out pictures and articles from magazines or newspapers too. Regret have thrown it all away. Should have kept it and do like what you did.

10. Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme says

I’ve always wanted to start a book of some kind to keep my favorites from magazines, you have went above and beyond with your beautiful journal, that takes real dedication, amazing!

Have a wonderful Friday!
    Kathi 🙂

11. Hootin' Anni says

Amazing!! This is all part of your life’s history, what a treasure.

My show n tell is about my favorite author today. Hope you can find time to stop by! And there is a link left at the bottom — for a gift for you.

Happy Friday.