The Children’s Shade Garden

The children and I have been working on a flower bed in our backyard. We thought that it would be a good idea to get the backyard gardens started before we lay grass next spring.

So far we have edged and put in most of our foundation perrenials. I have a few more Hosta varieties that I’d like to add such as the white leaved Hostas, the lime and the blue leaved varieties.

We plan to add a small bench or two seater rocker between the two trees. This spot will be used to sit and talk with the children as they come home from school. That’s where we came up with the name for this post.

Be sure to visit There’s No Place Like Home for more Show and Tell Friday

1. Garden girl Jo says

What a sweet idea. There’s not much better than special places to stop and be still and talk with our children! Thanks for sharing. I love the photo slide idea.

2. Dawn says

How neat! And it looks so nice and organized! I hope many flowers begin to bloom…before fall arrives. 🙂
    Make some lovely bouquets or dry the flowers up and make potpurri (sp?).

My husband and I are at the beginning stages of trying to get a garden going but I think we may have to hold off till next year, I don’t know. 🙂

Hope you and your family have a blessed weekend.

It's pretty, Hadias! And I think you'll find that you enjoy this little spot more & more each year. Thanks for sharing. :o)

4. Carla says

Wonderful! We used to have pine trees to plant under/and I used to have children that loved to help. Enjoy-its the stuff memories are made of! Please post follow ups. (I want to add-I LOVE the mommy and baby artwork you have in the top left corner-breathtaking! Babies are really God given-and so are mommies!)

5. Kathy says

I love your shade garden. Hostas are a favorite of mine – they need almost no care and generally thrive any place. Nice presentation too!

6. Hootin' Anni says

Beautiful….nice color combinations of your new plants!!! I just love to garden myself…you did good work!!!

Stop by my antique show n tell if you can. [you’ll need to scroll down a bit since I added the Tropical Storm update of the damage done in Houston where my son lives on the top of my blog this morning! —]

Happy weekend.