We’re Expecting…

our first tomato.We have finally gotten our first Tomato…at least the beginnings of one. It is so tiny and cute. You would have thought that I had conceived a child by my reaction when I first saw it. I quickly notified the children. My eldest son ooohed and awwwed with me while the other three looked on like we were fools.

I even erupted with the news while on the phone with my Father in Love.

I guess I will prepare some “We’re Expecting” announcements for all of my friends now.

Well without further ado, here’s our little guy…

I am so excited. I would love to hear about what has excited you this week?

Oh, so THAT was the noise I heard!! It IS the most exciting thing, isn’t it?….to see those little babies. :o) I loved your photo shoot: closer….closer….really close! Anyway, nothing tastes like a real, garden-grown tomato. They are just the best. Thanks for sharing your excitement with us.

2. Carla says

We are also expecting our first tomato 🙂 This is our first summer of planting, and we only did one plant. I noticed last week we have one small tomato growing. We also have a cucumber plant with about 7 cucumbers. So exciting!

3. Rachel says

Well done you – I was as excited when we got our first strawberries and now we have about 50 on the plant! We have loads of strawberries too and one cucumber so hopefully yours will do as well too!

4. Kathi~Lavender, Lace and Thyme says

Dear Hadias,

Only a true gardener would understand! You’ve made me smile today! Great story 🙂

Have a Fantastic Friday!
    Kathi 🙂

5. Anne Fannie says

I can relate to you being excited about your first tomato because I was when I noticed my first pumpkin on the plant. Everytime my husband and I walk by the plant I make him stop and admire it with me, I think he is getting sick of it!

6. The Happy Housewife says

Oh, that is too funny. I was the same way when we had our first squash last year, we took pictures, called family!
    Hopefully you will have triplets and then you can make salsa!

7. Lawanda says

LOL Hadias! That was too funny!! I am happy for you on your first tomato 😉 hehe

What has excited me this week was realizing that I may perhaps be able to pay a huge bill off sooner than expected! 🙂 Baby steps! haha

8. Bethany says

I did the same thing, announcing to everyone, “We’ve got a baby pumpkin!” I think that for a second my elderly neighbor did misunderstand and think there was a real baby involved, but then I started talking about puree and pies and muffins, so I hope she realized I was talking veggies, not pregnancy. 🙂