Tackle it Tuesday: My Tuesday’s

I start my Tuesday morning chores with a load of laundry. On some Tuesday mornings, I surprise my children with a homemade breakfast. They usually eat at school but I’ve missed having breakfast with them since they started attending the public school. Just some grits and cheese cooked overnight in a crockpot .

After I drop the children off at school I get all of the breakfast dishes washed and set on a towel to air dry.

Sometimes the crockpot is a little stubborn and needs to sit and soak for awhile.

The table gets all cleaned and clear for lunch.

Now time to get back to laundry duties. Everything is washed, dried, folded, ironed and put away. It’s time to head outside with my toddler. The gardens need our attention.

We had a bountiful harvest. Plenty of basil to be rinsed and dehydrated for dried herbs. We use basil as the base of our homemade Italian seasoning. There was such an abundance that it all could not fit into my kitchen strainer, so I used my laundry basket.

My little helpers pull the leaves from the stems.

Then the basil goes into a warm oven to dry out.

Once every two months or so, I need to make more laundry soap. This time I will be making powdered detergent instead of liquid. I start with some Fels Naptha soap.

Finely shredded.

Add some Borax laundry soap and some washing soda.

Mix well and store in an airtight container.

Only one piece of cake left. Some homemade cornbread will be the perfect after school snack.
25 pounds of flour needs to be divided into jars.

Finally, I must begin working on my menu and grocery list for shopping day tomorrow.

Have a blessed day.

Hadias’s Reply to Karen: I set the oven at warm which is 175 degress on my oven. Once it’s warm I turn it off.

Once it cools (after about an hour) I reset it to warm again. I do this until all of the Basil in dry, which is about 3 times for this amount of basil.

I usually check the basil and move it around until it’s all dry.

2. newlyweds says

Wow you are super organized, way to get those kiddos to pull basil! And make your own laundry soap, and divide flour, wow! Sounds like great busy day!

3. HopewellMomSchool says

You’re kidding me–I went thru all that cooking and mixing and measuring and I could have made DRY laundry soap? Please, please post the amounts!! I’d love to save the $ and make it again but was turned off by the long process for the liquid!!! You are continuing to inspire my efforts to change my family! Please keep writing!

Brandy, I do use a ceramic dinner plate to post my dinner menus. I use a dry erase marker and it wipes right off.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a blessed week.

5. Kristi says

Wow! What incredible tackles you have made. I have never made my own detergent…that is very impressive. Your children must be so blessed to call you their mom. Way to go!

6. Homesteader in Training says

Girl you have been busy! I make my own laundry soap as well. Great job!
    Thanks for stopping by today. It was nice to hear from you.
    Blessings to you!

7. Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says

I would have to say that you are DEFINITELY a Proverbs 31 wife. I am in awe of all that you do… homemade soap, home grown herbs, iron clothe. I am feeling very wimpy, right now. That is great. Glad you came by and joined my blog carnival, today. Hope you come back.

8. heidi says

WOW! You make your own SOAP? I am seriously impressed. I’m even MORE impressed that you IRON. I don’t iron. My wedding vows went something like this “DO you promise to love, honor cherish in sickness and in health..and you don’t mind that she doesn’t iron, right?”

Can I have some cornbread? 🙂

Nice tackle!

9. Brandy says

Your day was jam packed!! And you ironed, wow I am impressed. Oh I was wondering, the plates with the writing, is that how you display what your meals are going to be? If so what kind of plate do you write on. Very neat idea. I love to make my decoration useful in my kitchen