A Reason for Using Coupons
During my first week of December grocery shopping trip I visited Walgreens and Kroger spending a total of $53.23 for all of this. I was able to stay under my $60 a week budget by clipping coupons and shopping mainly the sale items.
What I didn’t use from last week…$6.77… will roll over to this weeks budget. So I have $66.77 to spend this week. Hubby and I shopped Bi-lo and Publix last night. Let’s see how we’re doing so far.
The picture below has the 2 additional items (buns and potatoes) which were the only non-sale items that I purchased.
Free items that came with my order:
(2) 1 pint bottles of Listerine
(2) Sample pyramid Lipton teabags inside of the box
The cashier at Bi-lo stated “You must have raided the internet for coupons”. I laughed and told her that there were still plenty more left since the companies impose a print limit.
She then said “Well, you can have these. Someone left them here at the store”. I was the very grateful recipient of….
$10.75 worth of MQ and a $2.00 off of an Excedrin Migrane Bi-lo store Q
Here are some of my scenerios from Publix:
1. ($0.50 or less coupons double at my Publix)
2. My Publix accepts competitors coupons (you can stack with a manufacturers coupon and a Publix coupon too)
Buy One Get One Deals:
(2) Lysol All Purpose Cleaner 40oz bottles $3.19
(2)-.50/1 Lysol All Purpose or Plus Bleach SS 11/02 or printable (makes it .59¢ ea or $1.19 for both)
(1) Country Crock Regular or Churn Style 15oz tub or twin pack up to $1.89
-$1 off Country Crock Spread printable (Food Lion)
.35/1 Country Crock Spread or Omega Plus, RP 11/16
(use both makes it FREE plus .75¢ overage)
Lipton Tea Bags 100 ct box up to $3.65
-.75/2 Lipton Tea Bags, RP 11/06 (makes it $1.45 ea)
some areas got .50/1 or .75/2
Swiss Miss Hot Cocoa Mix up to $1.25
-.30/1 Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets, Fat Free, and Pick-Me-Up SS 11/16 (makes it .65¢ ea)
Green Giant Boxed Vegetables (excluding asparagus cuts) $1 ea
-.50/2 Green Giant Veggies SS 11/16, 12/07 (makes it .50¢ ea)
-$1/2 Green Giants Veggies printable (makes it .50¢ ea)
-.60/2 Green Giant Veggies printable (makes it .70¢ ea)
use $2 coupon found in Publix savings magazine (in-store)
use $1.00 MQ (makes it $2.19 ea. plus a free 500ml bottle)
Arm & Hammer Essentials starter kit $2.99
**see how to get this FREE at CVS**
-$1 off Arm and Hammer Essentials printable
-$1 off Essentials Starter Kit (Publix in-store coupon magazine)
(makes it $0.99 ea)
Vanity Fair Napkins $1.69
-$0.50/1 MQ (makes it .69 ea)
1- Doubles MQ up to $0.60
(1) Luzianne Family size tea bags 24 ct. 2/$3.00
-$0.60/1 (makes it $0.30 ea)
(4) Betty Crocker Boxed Potatoes 10/$10
-used (4) $0.40/1 (makes it $0.20 ea)
If ever I do not list a corresponding coupon be sure to check my coupon link on the left blog column. That’s where I get many of my coupons.
Have you recently began using coupons? I’d love to hear how it’s going for you.
Are you a seasoned coupon shopper? Please leave us a tip sharing what you’ve earned along the way.
Be sure to stop by “The Wife at Home” to see what you can get for Free today.
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- 10 Ways to Avoid Arguments With Your Spouse and Still Go to Bed Best Friends - March 5, 2014
- FREE Printable March 2014 Bible Reading Plan |1 Verse a Day - March 2, 2014
- Is Your To Do List Moving You Closer or Further Away from God? - February 25, 2014