I enjoy couponing but I must say that it takes a lot of planning and shopping. It is fun to come home and take pictures to share with you all of what I was able to get using coupons. It’s empowering to know that the same grocery budget that I was using in September 2008 is able to now buy enough for my family and enough to give away.
To see the Lord open up the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that my family does not have room enough to receive (Malachi 3:10) is truly an answer to many prayers.
I want to be sure that I am faithful to God in what I am sharing here on my blog, but more importantly how I am a steward of my resources. The resources that I use most to achieve my shopping goals are;
1. Don’t let couponing become a tool to fill a void
2. Don’t let couponing take precedence over what is truly important
3. When the joy is gone…stop and retrace your steps
4. Remember why you’re clipping coupons in the first place
5. Getting the lowest cost out-of-pocket uses 3 of my resources…Is it worth it? What is my limit?
6. Each week I am challenging myself to purposely remove a deal or two from my list (this helps me know that I am not addicted)
This is by no means a comprehensive list of what I’d like to see happen. Just a few tools to help me keep things in perspective and to set up some boundaries for myself.