This Weeks CVS Trip: Donation Day

I am so excited about what I plan to do with the 80 Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kits that I have. A wonderful woman that I befriended when she attended one of my workshops has a heart for youth ministry. She has asked me to help her gather together some specific items to donate to so that each child who attends summer camp at Columbia’s First Church of the Nazarene will get a Johnson & Johnson Buddy bar and a Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kit.

I was so thrilled when she asked me to be a part of her vision to pull this off. My daughter and I began collecting every $3 off 2 Johnson & Johnson coupon we could find.

We were able to use 20 coupon valued at $3 each to pay for 60 Johnson & Johnson First Aid Kits. Total after coupons was $3.57 for 60 J&J First Aid Kits.

I am so humbled to be able to be a part of what Becky is doing. Thank you Becky for opening up an opportunity for God to use my talents to be a blessing to others.

God opened up every door to make this possible. When I committed to do this I started finding the J&J blinkies everwhere. I am awaiting God’s next opportunity to use my family to be a blessing.

Now it’s your turn!! Please scroll to the bottom of this post an leave a link to your weekly shopping post using the Mr.Linky feature. I’d love to stop by and see what you saved. Thank you to everyone who left a link last week.

1. Margery says

I think that one of the most wonderful things about stockpiling and couponing is that we can be a blessing to others in need. I’m so happy that I could give 4 large bags of groceries and toiletries to our church’s food drive this month plus another two big bags of groceries + toiletries to a beloved needy friend. It gives joy to my heart to show the love of Jesus this way! Blessings to you to be able to meet such a specific need.

2. The Proverbs Wife says

Dear Anonymous,

Please accept my apology. I misread your intentions regarding your questions. I have learned by my own experience that communicating through electronic devices can sometimes be tricky since it does not include facial expression, tone of voice etc.

I jumped to conclusions regarding your comment and I apologies.

I would like to tell you everything I know regarding making sure that what you buy doesn’t go to waste.

I haven’t had a problem with food wasting as of yet. We have six people in my household and I also give groceries away each month to a food pantry and to family members and neighbors.

I will work on posting some tips that may be helpful.

Anonymous please accept my deepest apology. I have been getting a few negative comments lately saying that I am wasteful, etc. That is so far from the truth.

And as a reminder readers…I am not perfect in any way shape or form. The scripture tells me not be be easily offended, yet I allowed myself to be.

Continue to pray for me in my journey to becoming more like Jesus.

To The Proverbs Wife and readers,
    I am truely sorry if what I wrote came across as judgement. I reread what I wrote and realized how rude it sounded. I apologize. Please let me explain a little. I have recently started using coupons and have a small stockpile. I am not sure what to do with the extra food and other items that my family is not able to use. I would hate for it to go to waste. When I saw all that you had stockpiled I was in awe. I was just curious and thought to myself, “I wonder if she has a large family or donates or gives goody bags as gifts? ” I understand that it’s not any of my business, and I honestly was not judging you. It truely was a badly worded comment. Again I wasn’t meaning to say you would be a bad person if you didn’t donate. I mostly was just curious, and am trying to get ideas of what I might do with the extra I have. I am sorry to you and your readers and will be more thoughtful when I post comments on your site and others. I do enjoy your site and visit it weekly. Thank you

4. The Proverbs Wife says

We usurp the place of God, when we take upon us the role to judge the thoughts and intentions of others, which are out of our view.

I share freely what I do with the things that God has given me to possess. However I will not tolerate critical, judgmental or accusatory comments from anyone here at “A Proverbs Wife”.

If you don’t know me personally and wold like to learn more about why I do certain things, then feel free to contact me via comments or email.

I hope that this blog continues to encourage and motivate others to manage their homes and finances in a way that pleases God.

Thanks Jenny and (Anonymous) Emmanuel for your kind encouraging words.

5. Jennifer says

That is so wonderful that you will be able to donate all of those to the kids.

Now as for anonymous… she either doesn't have children or doesn't understand that you do. When I saw the J&J first aid kits I just thought "well good she'll be stocked on bandaids for a while." Kids get hurt constantly and want a bandaid for every little scrape and scratch, even the ones that don't require a bandage.

I think it is just psychological. There is nothing like a bandaid and a kiss from mommy to make the "booboo" better.

I agree with you though… what you do with your family's money is between you, your husband and God.

Now I'll end with this… I am a naturally curious person by nature but there is something that I have learned: it isn't up to us to need to understand how other people live their lives.

Another response to your other ‘anoymous’ commenter as well as yourself is to simply remember…

“Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgment on disputable matters. 2One man’s faith allows him to eat everything, but another man, whose faith is weak, eats only vegetables. 3The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. 4Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls. And he will stand, for the Lord is able to make him stand.” Roman 14:1-4
    Let the word of the LORD fight your battles, even in a blog strife shows. Remember it goes both ways…

7. slugmama says

It’s obvious that God put Becky into your life for this purpose. You are truly a good steward of all you have been given.