Weekly Shopping Trip: Publix

Total Out-Of-Pocket for everything pictured below excluding the meat was $39.29

“I am my beloved’s and my beloved Breyers is mine…

I am so addicted to Breyers.
My teeth are going to fall out if Publix does not stop these sales with matching coupons.

$39.29 paid for 1 lb of Boars head Turkey and 1/4 pound of cheese. I was able to get fresh and frozen fruits and veggies as well as bread, eggs, grits and vitamins.

The grits were the substitute penny mystery item this week at the Kennerly Rd Publix. This worked out great for me since I had a killer toothaches and couldn’t eat anything that required chewing (hence the splurge on the $1.39 a can Nutrament pictured above)
10 boxes of Ritz crackers and 28 more bottles of ketchup. The ketchup does not expire until 2012. (Yay!!)

Yeah…Yeah..I know. It’s alot of ketchup. I was so glad to be able to get these for $0.19 each, that I may have gone a little overboard. My children whined all winter about ketchup and I paid full price all winter $1.29 or more per bottle. We love ketchup on our fries and eat them at least once a week. (I know terribly unhealthy!!) This winter when I can’t find a bottle on sale I will be set.

I also donated some to my church food pantry.
Total OOP for Meats: $43.25
Come back on Monday to see the meals that I cooked for the freezer using these meats.

Now, it’s your turn to share your weekly savings. Leave a link or comment below sharing what you saved this week.

I'm new to couponing. When I asked my husband if he would mind switching brands if I could get them for less that our usual. He said yes to all…except the ketchup. He's a Heinz man. Our kids ketchup on everything. We could totally go through 28 bottles in a year.

2. Margery says

If we use our stockpiles diligently, give generously from our abundance to food drives, etc., and open our homes in hospitality, then it is not greed. I acknowledge that every good thing is from the Father above, and he has given us our resources (money, time, coupons, know-how, blogs, and relationships, etc.) to steward for his glory. Some people will hot understand this, but perhaps they are not at the same place in faith or in life as others.

Bless you for this ministry that you give to others.

Cheap& Sweet:

I was just writing what I felt….I visit proverbs wife website often and she encourages her readers to express their opinions; which I did in a nice way…other wise she would have not posted my comment.

But it seems like you over looked that, in your hateful response and yes, she is a a better person than you.

And yes, I could be nasty and spiteful like you, but I'm a lady who refuses to argue with a classless woman.

And that was Humbly written,

4. Cheap&Sweet says

great trip!! If your family can't donate or eat all that ketchup by the year 2012 I think ananymous Beans should kiss your … um feet! You are so much better than me as a person for letting that comment go, I am glad I have someone to look up to. Thank you

5. Capriel says

I have been reading your blog for the last couple of months and it makes me feel like I am in good company to know that others like me are being good stewards with the provisons the Lord has blessed us with. In my church, members are counseled to store up a year's worth of food, supplies and money. As a response to Beana's humbled, honest comment, you are doing what the Holy Spirit has prompted you to do. Twenty-eight bottles may seem like a lot of ketchup to some, but it is not, considering that you are shopping for a family of six! That is less than five bottles of ketchup for one person for one year. As you can see, it is not a lot. It is not greed; it is called provident living. As for saving products for other customers, grocery stores constantly restock their shelves according to the amount of a particular product they have sold. Most stores will offer their customers a raincheck if they are out of a particular sale item. I recently purchased six 28 oz (55% larger than the 18 oz bottle) bottles of Kraft BBQ sauce on sale for .67 per bottle. I am estimating that I saved about $1.00 per bottle. What sense does it make for me to buy one or two bottles of a product that I like on sale only to pay regular price later when I run out? I am 27, single with no dependents and I shop like this all of time. I figure I have at least a two year supply of my most basic food needs and household goods. I continue to shop for sales on basic essential items in the event I was to suffer a major catastrophe in my life. Having food storage, household goods and money saved for a rainy day gives me peace of mind in these uncertain times that we live in.

Repectfully submitted,

6. The Proverbs Wife says

I didn't use the Albertson's Q. We don't have one near us. Our competitor is Food Lion.

Thanks for stopping by.

Hi, Did you use the Albertson coupons for the meat? They have assorted pork chops on sale this week B1G2 free. Pretty good deal if your publix considers Albertson a competitor.

That's a lot of stuff. I cant help but to feel like you are being greedy. Did you save any for other customers? I dont think all of your kids like ketchup that much….and if so, what if it goes on sale again, are you gonna buy 20 more bottles. Sorry I had to vent but i wanted to be honest. Looks like your taking all for yourself and not leaving none for no one else.

Instead of feeling inspired by your deals, I feel like "wow, even donating to her church, is she being fair is her shopping practices".

Just my humble opinion.