Having trouble keeping your whites white? Here are 6 steps to brightening your whites.
- Fill the washer with HOT water.
- Add laundry detergent and bleach
- Add white clothes to washer, making sure to pre-treat any visible stains.
- Let the clothes agitate for for 2 minutes and then shut off the washing machine. After this step I also unplug my washer.
- Allow clothes to soak for two hours or overnight.
- Turn on washer an allow clothes to run the rest of the cycle.
This is how I wash my white clothes. If I am washing multiple loads of clothes I wash the white clothes last.
On some days I complete steps #1 – #5 before going to bed and start the washer first thing in the morning.