A Helper Suitable for Him | 18 Ways to Glorify Your Husband
I Corinthians 11:7-9
“For a man is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man. For man does not originate from woman, but woman from man; for indeed man was not created for the woman’s sake, but woman for the man’s sake.”
I’ll group the first three together because they piggyback off of one another. If you don’t already do this you should begin each week by asking your husband these three questions…
1. “What are your goals for the week?”
2. “What can I do to help you accomplish these goals?”
3. “Is there anything that I can do differently that would make your week/life easier?”
(My husband loves when I ask him these questions. But I want to warn you, ladies…prepare yourselves for his answer to number 3. Please don’t hold out the hope that he’ll say “No sweetheart, you are doing everything perfectly”, because you may wind up getting your feelings hurt. And be prepared with the expectation that you will be able to meet his needs.)
I recently posted about creating a “Homemaking Binder”. The post includes links to pictures and instructions. Your binder will help you fulfill tasks number 4 and 5.
(When you have your job under control he can better focus on his, not having to worry about the laundry list of household chores you’ll have waiting for him as soon as he steps in the door after work.)
(You will have an organized schedule of daily jobs with a beginning and end time to your workday as a homemaker. As a homemaker you are your own boss, so if you are still cleaning the house at 8 P.M. then you need to fire yourself.)
5. Save some of your energy each day for him.
(Yes that includes sex too, un hun, on a regular basis. By the way, if you haven’t read my views on sex in the marriage stop and read this first and then come back and continue. Don’t worry I’ll wait.)
7. Willingly and cheerfully rearrange your schedule for him when he asks.
(I’m still working on the cheerfully part.)
8. Talk about him in a positive light to others (especially in front of your children). Don’t slander him even if what you are saying is true.
9. Do and say things that build him up rather than tear him down.
(Proverbs 14.1 “ The wise woman builds her house, but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.” The quickest way to make your husband vulnerable to temptation is to constantly tear him down with your words.)
10. Do whatever you can to make him look good and accomplish his goals.
11. Consider his work job, goals, hobbies/work for the lord, as more important than your own.
(Did I just hear someone suck their teeth?…Yes ladies, I said it. Scripture tells me that “For a man is the image and glory of God; but the woman is the glory of man…1 Cor.11:7” it also states “Wives be subject to your own husbands, as to the Lord…But as the church is subject to Christ, so also the wives ought to be to their husbands in everything…
This mystery is great; but I am speaking with reference to Christ and the church.” So in a nutshell everybody won’t get this. So when my husband informs me that I need to cancel my plans because he has made other arrangements…guess what I do?….You got it. I cancel my plans…but I am still working on the willingly and cheerfully part.)
12. Think often of specific ways that you can help him accomplish his goals.
(An example would be, getting up early to help him prepare for work having begun his day with a good breakfast. If your husband is going to work on an empty stomach, and you haven’t a clue about how to remedy this situation, see Proverbs 31:15)
13. Think of the things that you are involved in or are planning to get involved in. Do they glorify your husband? Ask him for his guidance in deciding what to devote your time too.
14. Ladies, Ladies, Ladies, one thing that irks my last nerve is women who are rude to their in-laws. This year make an effort to be gracious to his friends and family. It’s not about them, it’s about glorifying him.
16. When we obey God, He is glorified and when you obey your husband he is glorified.
17. Encourage him to use his spiritual gifts in ministry.
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- Cottonelle $100 American Express Gift Card #Giveaway - December 10, 2013
- High Value $3/1 Huggies Pull-Ups® Coupons + 5 Potty Training Tips for Moms - December 9, 2013
- DIY Christmas Wreath Snack - December 5, 2013