Written by: Carla Barnhill
Illustrated by: Elena Kucharik
Published by: Tyndale Kids
Reading the bible is a big part of our everyday lives. Bible reading, devotionals, prayer and copying scripture verses are a required part of my children’s education. We normally use the King James Version of the bible but also use supplemental material to help reinforce what we are learning in our daily bible reading.
Spiritual growth is important for every member of my family even our younger children, which is why when I was asked to review “The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2” I jumped at the chance.
‘The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2 (Little Blessings)‘ is a hard cover book perfect for little ones who are not as careful with books as we’d like them to be. The book is 7.1 x 5.7 x 1.2 inches which is the perfect size for little hands.
- The devotional is divided into months that are indicated by a bold solid colored page, which makes it easy for little ones to locate each month.
- There are 384 pages. 365 of them include devotional readings.
- Each devotional page has a scripture verse which is about one sentence long. Perfect to use for a memory verse or handwriting practice.
- Each page displays the date at the top which helps school age children practice keeping track of the month and day.
- Mini commentary reinforces the focus of the verse of the day.
- Finally, there is a prayer at the bottom of each page. Prayer starters are great for helping children learn to pray. The prayer are very short and could work perfectly as a memory work assignment.
“Wherever I am, whatever I say, God’s ready to listen to me when I pray”Prayer from March 30 devotional
I have a similar devotional that I purchased for my 16 year old when she was 5 and it has lasted 11 years. “The One Year Devotions for Preschoolers 2” has a very sturdy construction and I am sure it will bring many years of special devotional time for your children.