If you are looking to supplement your income or make some extra cash taking surveys is a great way to do it. If you are unsure if there is any money to be made by taking surveys, read “Can I Really Make Money Taking Surveys“ where I go in to detail about the benefits and earning opportunities.
Once you are a member of more than one survey company I suggest that you track your survey participation. It’s really simple to do and requires less than a minute per survey.
What you want to do is use a small notebook such as a composition notebook. You’ll want to create at least 6 physical or imaginary columns on your page. Some of you will want to actually draw vertical lines down the page to create these columns but it is not necessary.
You’ll want to record the following information in your columns whenever you take a survey.
- Name of survey company
- Survey identification number
- Your personal survey identification number (if provided)
- Points rewarded
- Time requirement or time it took you to complete (these #’s are usually not the same. This is optional and to be done only if you want to track how much time you are spending taking surveys versus how much you are earning)
This is what I suggest you begin recording. I no longer record the time, simply because I’ve done it before and have already gauged how much I am earning taking surveys.
It’s important to keep these record for two reasons.
- There will be instanced when you’ll take a survey and your points won’t be rewarded right away. In some instances they were not rewarded at all. In other instances, I was rewarded less than promised. It’s not a big deal. If you email the survey company and provide all of the information your recorded, they will credit your account right away.
- If you earn any amount of money taking surveys you are required to pay taxes, so it only makes sense to keep good records.
I have been taking surveys for three years and I’ve never been asked to pay to join a reward company. If you are ever asked to pay for membership the company may not be legitimate. Read the following post to learn more about how much you can earn taking surveys. Don’t forget to sign up and receive updated survey information in your email inbox or RSS reader for FREE.