Working Willingly 1/24
What is “Working Willingly”?
￼”Working Willingly” is a weekly post published every Monday that will help keep me accountable in completing my daily tasks. It will work as a catalyst in helping me remain organized and focused. I will create a weekly list of tasks that I should be focusing on. By seeing this list on my blog daily I will be reminded of my weekly priorities.
I will plan out my week every weekend, using the subtopics below, and post it on Monday mornings. By doing this I am hoping to continue my growth in becoming a better steward of my time and energy.
~Taking Care of my Home
~Training my Children
~Menu Plan Monday
These posts are perfect because they can easily be printed and stored in my Home Making Binder or somewhere easily accessible like my refrigerator door.
I am hoping that I can inspire myself and you to work willing according to Proverbs 31:13. If you feel led to write your own ‘Working Willingly’ post online share a link to it in the comments section.
- Bible Reading: Matthew
- Prayer: Monday – Sunday
- - Prayer with and for my husband
- - Prayer with and for my children
- - Intercessory prayer for my family and others
- -Prayer request from church
- Discipleship: Read Chapter 7 of A Plea For More Prayer – A Ministry of Intercession
This Weeks Memory Verse
I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, as one that beateth the air: But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means when I have preached to others I myself should be a cast away.
2.) “MUST DO” List:
- Ask God to direct week so that I use my time, energy, money and any other resources to glorify Him.
- Look through Raw Energy: 124 Raw Food Recipes for Energy Bars, Smoothies, and Other Snacks to Supercharge Your Body and The Maximum Energy Cookbook to brainstorm next weeks menu.
- Prepare & mail Smart Start Rebate
- Laundry: washing, drying, folding, tailoring, ironing & putting away.
- Make shopping list. (Wednesday)
- Make eye exam appointment for my daughter.
- File coupons & inserts.
- Choose clothes for church & iron them
- Let my 10 & 8 year olds practice ironing on low setting.
- No allergy shot this week.
3.) Taking Care of My Home:
Complete daily and weekly chores listed below with my children.
Monday – Sweep bathrooms (younger 2 children), Mop bathrooms (older 2 children), Sweep foyer (youngest son), Sweep & Mop laundry room (oldest & youngest sons), Sweep Kitchen (youngest son), Mop kitchen (Oldest & youngest daughters) Clean master bath toilet (youngest son) & sink (youngest daughter)
Tuesday – Bring trash and recycle bin to front of the house for pick-up (oldest son), Clean guest bathroom toilet (youngest son & daughter), Clean toilet in kids bathroom (oldest & youngest son), Clean sink and counter in kids bathroom (youngest daughter), Clean doorknob, light switch plate, front and back of bathroom door (youngest son), Clean mirror (oldest daughter), Make shopping list & print coupons (Mom), Put meat in refrigerator to defrost for tomorrows dinner (Mom)
Wednesday – Bring all trash receptacles to the back of the house, Vacuum all carpets in the house, Iron clothes for Church (Mom & two middle children), Complete one quarterly task (organize 3 drawers), Put meat in refrigerator to defrost for tomorrows dinner (Mom)
Thursday – Sweep all (5) floors, dust, wipe disinfect one room (school room), Gather coupons for shopping (oldest daughter), Put meat in refrigerator to defrost for tomorrows dinner (Mom)
Friday – Clean all tubs and showers (Older two children & I wash the tubs. Two younger children wipe walls & knobs), Clean toilet and sink guest bathroom (Mom), Complete one quarterly task (Dust fan blades). Wash all bed sheets, air out mattresses and remake beds (everyone)
Saturday – (No housework) Grocery shopping. Take out meat for Sunday (Mom), Calculate weekly tithe (Mom or Dad),
Sunday- (No housework) SABBATH
4.) Training My Children:
Devotional & Personal Bible Reading~My 7 & 8 year olds will continue reading ”The One Year Devotions“. My 10 year old will continue reading Proverbs this week. My 17 year old will continue Living Beyond Yourself: Exploring the Fruit Of The Spirit by Beth Moore.
Character Training: Being diligent workers
5.) Menu Plan Monday
L~Kraft Mac & Cheese dinner kit
L~ Salsa & Chips
D~Roasted Chicken, steamed rice, gravy and sweet corn
B~ Baked biscuits with Sausage
L~Mrs. Pauls Fish Fillets
D~Spaghetti, breadsticks and greenbeans
B~Cheesy Crock Pot Grits
L~Loaded Baked Potatoes
D~Enchilladas with Red rice and Black beans
B~ Xtra Large Biscuits with creamy butter
D~ Taco Bell Dinner Kits w/ Salad
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- Don’t Fear Life’s Struggles - April 14, 2014
- Free Christian Ebooks: What God Desires, Stuck in the Middle and MORE!! - April 11, 2014
- My Spouse Still Rocks My World!! - April 11, 2014