My Bible reading goal for 2/7 was to read 7 chapters from the book of Psalms, however I was so excited when I realized that I had actually read 10.
If you remember, I did not meet my bible reading goal for the last week of January and that didn’t sit right with me. It showed me that I didn’t use my morning time wisely. Instead of reading my Bible I was probably checking my email, tweeting and on Facebook.
I’ve written countless times about making time for Bible reading and about the importance of it, but I am susceptible to temptation just like everyone else. Therefore I am happy to report that I not only met, but exceeded my reading goal this week. 😀
- Bible Reading: Psalm 121-127
- Prayer: Monday – Sunday
- – Prayer with and for my husband
- – Prayer with and for my children
- – Intercessory prayer for my family and others
- -Prayer request from church
- Discipleship: Read Chapter 8 of A Plea For More Prayer – A Ministry of Intercession
- Type up my thoughts for this months virtual book club post.
This Weeks Memory Verse
I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, until I find out a place for the LORD, an habitation for the mighty God of Jacob. Psalm 132:4-6
2.) “MUST DO” List:
- Ask God to direct week so that I use my time, energy, money and any other resources to glorify Him.
- Call to check on my nephew.
- Prepare & mail a letter to my brother.
- Laundry: washing, drying, folding, tailoring, ironing & putting away.
- Make shopping list. (Wednesday) I have been slacking here and putting it off until Friday evening/Saturday morning. Mr. Proverbs Wifes’ new schedule allows for grocery shopping on Friday afternoon instead of Saturday mornings some weeks, but I’ve not had my list ready.
- File coupons & inserts.
- Choose clothes for church & iron them.
- Let my 10 & 8 year olds practice ironing on low setting. (I am so proud of how well the kids have done so far.)
- No allergy shot this week.
3.) Taking Care of My Home:
Complete daily and weekly chores listed below with my children.
Monday – Sweep bathrooms (younger 2 children), Mop bathrooms (older 2 children), Sweep foyer (youngest son), Sweep & Mop laundry room (oldest & youngest sons), Sweep Kitchen (youngest son), Mop kitchen (Oldest & youngest daughters) Clean master bath toilet (youngest son) & sink (youngest daughter)
Tuesday – Bring trash and recycle bin to front of the house for pick-up (oldest son), Clean guest bathroom toilet (youngest son & daughter), Clean toilet in kids bathroom (oldest & youngest son), Clean sink and counter in kids bathroom (youngest daughter), Clean doorknob, light switch plate, front and back of bathroom door (youngest son), Clean mirror (oldest daughter), Make shopping list & print coupons (Mom), Put meat in refrigerator to defrost for tomorrows dinner (Mom)
Wednesday – Bring all trash receptacles to the back of the house, Vacuum all carpets in the house, Iron clothes for Church (Mom & two middle children), Complete one quarterly task (organize 3 drawers), Put meat in refrigerator to defrost for tomorrows dinner (Mom)
Thursday – Sweep all (5) floors, dust, wipe disinfect one room (school room), Gather coupons for shopping (oldest daughter), Put meat in refrigerator to defrost for tomorrows dinner (Mom)
Friday – Clean all tubs and showers (Older two children & I wash the tubs. Two younger children wipe walls & knobs), Clean toilet and sink guest bathroom (Mom), Complete one quarterly task (Dust fan blades). Wash all bed sheets, air out mattresses and remake beds (everyone)
Saturday – (No housework) Grocery shopping. Take out meat for Sunday (Mom), Calculate weekly tithe (Mom or Dad),
Sunday- (No housework) SABBATH/FELLOWSHIP
4.) Training My Children:
Devotional & Personal Bible Reading~My 7 & 8 year old will continue reading and implementing virtues from “The One Year Devotions“. My 10 and 17 year old will be given a passage of scripture to read study, interpret and present to the class on Friday.
Character Training: Respect authority and honoring older siblings.
5.) Menu Plan Monday
Vegan Lasagna x 2 and salad
Roasted Chicken x2, steamed rice, gravy and butter beans
Vegan Enchilladas with Red rice and Black beans
Split Pea Soup with Xtra Large Biscuits with creamy butter
Have you posted your weekly goals? Add a link directly to your post below. Be sure to include a link back to this Working Willingly meme or add our meme button to your post. Grab a button here.