Organized Homemaking: Deep Freezer Re-do with Dollar Store Containers
I have been amazed at how organized my home is getting with such a small investment in some Dollar Tree containers.
I have been pleasantly surprised with some of my previous Dollar Tree purchases but wasn’t sure how these containers would hold up but I am surprised to see all of the following projects still holding up.
Previous Organized Homemaking Projects
1. Kitchen Cabinets — Using containers to keep my kitchen cabinet organized was an ingenious idea. It took some tweaking since I had to raise and lower the cabinet shelves to fit the number of containers I wanted to use, but the end result was so worth it. Now my kids and husband can clearly see where each item goes. It also makes grabbing what we need a cinch.
2. Medicine Cabinet – I love the way this project came together. With a few containers I was able to not only organize my medicine cabinet, but I also cam up with a neat way to be prepared when any of the children get sick. No more searching around for medicine cups, medicine or thermometers. It’s like I have my very own sick child kit ready to go whenever I need it.
3. Bathroom Storage – While I have not settled on a workable way to store my bathroom toiletries, I have been using containers thus far. I’ve tried two different styles but neither of them give me any functionality. The containers simply hold all of the items in one place but it doesn’t provide me with a user friendly way to group like items. For now the containers work until I find just the right solution.
Well here’s my latest project and I am so glad that i took a chance on these budget friendly organizing solutions.
Everything was removed from the deep freezer and sorted into $1 plastic bins. This can be used as a prime time to clean the deep freezer especially if you have extra space in your main refrigerator freezer.
The way I decided to sort my freezer content was by colored bins. The red bins are used for cooked or raw meat while the white are for juice, butter, frozen vegetables, bread and anything else that wasn’t a meat product.
Here’s a closer look at my sorting methods. All of the like items were stored together and raw and cooked meats while in red bins are stores separately. The color coding is going to be really helpful when it comes to grabbing things from your freezer.
If you wanted to take it a step further, you could choose to use an additional colored bin to identify the raw from the cooked meats.
Now to see if I can get everything to fit back into the freezer.
Okay….so everything didn’t fit as planned om the first try, but after rearranging things I was able to get everything positioned in a way that would allows every bin to fit perfectly.
In the end I brought in a smaller container $1 Tree container for the juice. Now it’s so much easier to remove and replace items from my deep freezer thus making it s more useful tool for me.
Be sure to check out more of my How-To’s and DIY projects.
Do you have a deep freezer?
What are some of the challenges and benefits of having the additional food storage space?
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- 12 Ways to Wow Your Husband at the End of the Day - July 15, 2014
- FREE Printable July Bible Reading Plan |1 Verse a Day - July 1, 2014
- #Frumpy2Fab – Just Get Dressed! - June 30, 2014