5 Biblical Characteristics of A Proverbs Wife
1 – The Proverbs Wife does everything in her power to honor and respect her husband. She goes out of her way to monitor how she speaks to him and how she speaks to others about him. She understands that respect is how he receives love and she is diligent to cultivate his trust in her. Her diligence causes her husband to be faithful and honest in his dealings. It assures him that he can let down his guard. Her character and speech, allows him to be completely transparent with her.
- Proverbs 31: 11 The heart of her husband doth safely trust in her, so that he shall have no need of spoil.
- Proverbs 31: 12 She will do him good and not evil all the days of her life.
- Proverbs 31: 23 Her husband is known in the gates, when he sitteth among the elders of the land.
- Proverbs 31: 26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue is the law of kindness.
2 – The Proverbs Wife is a smart and willing worker. She understands that her home is her primary vocation and she manages it well. She is prudent in her management of the day-to-day operations, and always looks for ways to be more efficient in her responsibilities. She seeks out opportunities to learn skills like cooking, sewing, couponing and many others that will benefit her family.
- Proverbs 31: 13 She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands.
- Proverbs 31: 19 She layeth her hands to the spindle, and her hands hold the distaff.
- Proverbs 31:22 She maketh herself coverings of tapestry; her clothing is silk and purple.
- Proverbs 31: 14 She is like the merchants’ ships; she bringeth her food from afar.
3 – The Proverbs Wife is disciplined with her time, energy and her finances. She uses the beginning of the day to dive into her work. She is up early getting started on the things that need her attention for the day. She is careful to budget her time and energy well so that she is not burned out. She is conscience of her health and makes wise choices about her eating habits and exercise regimen. She is prudent in the management of the families money. She is careful to weigh the pros and cons to be sure that her decisions will benefit the family.
- Proverbs 31: 15 She riseth also while it is yet night, and giveth meat to her household, and a portion to her maidens.
- Proverbs 31: 16 She considereth a field, and buyeth it: with the fruit of her hands she planteth a vineyard.
- Proverbs 31: 17 She girdeth her loins with strength, and strengtheneth her arms.
- Proverbs 31: 27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.
4 – While she is prudent in the management of her finances, she is not fearful. She knows who she is. She is a child of God and she is confident that He has her best interest at heart. This allows her to prepare for her future out of faith and obedience versus fear and uncertainty. She is not afraid of what may come her way because she is prepared. She knows that her family is covered with the blood of Jesus and that God’s promises are true. She never loses faith in God. She knows that she has more than enough because that provision of her God never runs out. She is secure that her needs are met and this motivates her to meet the needs of those in her community.
- Proverbs 31: 18 She perceiveth that her merchandise is good: her candle goeth not out by night.
- Proverbs 31: 20 She stretcheth out her hand to the poor; yea, she reacheth forth her hands to the needy.
- Proverbs 31: 21 She is not afraid of the snow for her household: for all her household are clothed with scarlet.
5 – A Proverbs Wife is confident in who she is. She is content with who she is. She doesn’t try to be who she is not. She conducts herself with honor and her family loves her. She does not put her worth in her looks but in who God says she is. She finds great joy in being a woman of God, wife, and mother.
- Proverbs 31: 25 Strength and honour are her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come.
- Proverbs 31: 28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praiseth her.
- Proverbs 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all.
- Proverbs 31:30 Favour is deceitful, and beauty is vain: but a woman that feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.
- Proverbs 31:31 Give her of the fruit of her hands; and let her own works praise her in the gates.
Which of these are your strongest trait? Which one is your weakest?
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- DIY Christmas Wreath Snack - December 5, 2013
- Top 7 Reasons Why You Should Use a Duvet Cover - December 3, 2013
- How to Create Custom Photo Holiday Cards from Your iPhone - December 2, 2013