Working Willingly 7/2: My Goals for July!!
It’s Monday and a new month which means I have several things going on today. Today I get to create some new goals for the month of July. I also get to plan a weeks worth of healthy and delicious meals for my family and choose a new book or two to read for July.
In January I challenged myself to read at least one book per month in 2012. So far, I’ve been reading between one and three books each month. In June I read these two and I will share a review of them along with my July choices in a few days. You can always see which books I’ve read this year by checking out the Amazon book widget on the bottom right side of my blog.
In addition to reading goals, I have set some July goals in several other areas as well.
- Be consistent in menu planning and grocery shopping.
- Let the children help with house upkeep while they are out of school for the summer.
- Read with the children.
- Plan weekly outdoor activities for the kids that allow me to work while they play.
- Be available.
- Read my bible daily.
- Pray for and with family and friends.
- Pray daily with my husband.
- Pray regarding prayer request from my readers.
- Schedule quiet times to meditate on Gods word.
- Continue taking notes on what God is saying to me through scripture, prayer and other believers.
- Look for opportunities to be a blessing to others.
- Be a prudent manager over our resources.
- Plan a few dates with Mr. P.
- Be available.
Goals for this week.
- Bible Reading: Read Bible everyday.
“Dogs bark, roosters crow, Christians read their Bibles everyday.” — Pastor Ken Jumper
- Prayer: Monday – Sunday
- - Prayer with and for my husband
- - Prayer with and for my children
- - Intercessory prayer for my family and others
- -Prayer request from friends, family, church and A Proverbs Wife readers.
- Personal Discipleship: I will share my July reading list soon.
This Weeks Memory Verse
“For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.” Romans 12:3 KJV
Training My Children:
I’m Reading: I will share my July reading list soon.
Kids/Family Daily Bible reading – Alone and with parents using the At Home Bible reading plan from church for the month of July.
- 1 John 4:19-21
- 1 John 4:7
- 1 John 14:1-5
- James 1:27
Character Training: Choosing to do the right thing even when it’s tough.
“Love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 22:39 NIV
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- Seeking God’s Face - June 19, 2013
- How to Have a Peaceful Financial Meeting with Your Spouse - June 18, 2013
- Becoming Perfected Women Versus Perfect Women - June 18, 2013