Marvel Avengers Family Fun Night #MarvelAvengersWMT
Family time is a big priority in our home which is why we plan weekly family nights and monthly family outings.
This month thanks to Walmart and Disney’s Marvel Avengers, we are planning an Avengers Family day in conjunction with the September 25 release of Exclusive Blu-Ray/DVD/Novel Combo Pack at Walmart.
Mr.P and I took the kids to see the Avengers back in May of this year when it came to theaters and we loved the movie. It was action packed and hilariously funny.
I’m not good at putting events together but ‘Family Times’ are not about making things perfect but more about making perfect memories.
I wanted this family night to have an action adventure Avenger theme that would let the kids have a great time and feel like they were super heroes for the day.
I also wanted to incorporate the new “Super Hero AR” Avengers Augmented Reality app for iphone, ipad and Android into our fun night as much as possible.
The app is really fun and works in conjunction with Avenger displays found throughout Walmart. Whenever you find a display, you can point your phone at the display to activate the AR technology.
The great thing about the Avengers AR app is that it’s FREE fun for the family. I wanted the evening t be fun for the kids but not overwhelming for me to put together. I was able to grab everything I needed at Walmart in less than an hour.
For the family day Avengers meal I bought:
- (1) 5 Cheese Marketside Extra Large Pizza
- 12 pre-made cupcakes
- Family size Skittles & Twizzlers
Family day activities:
- 44 piece Lego Captain America
- Painting stars
- “Super Hero AR” Avengers Augmented Reality App
If you are planning to buy or rent the Avengers movie this month I highly suggest using the app as well. To get the most out of the “Super Hero AR” app here are the ways you can use it..
Game Mode Goal: Collect All Six Super Powers and Save the World
- Download the “Super Hero AR” App from the iTunes App Store or Android Market that also includes instant access to Hawkeye and his super powers.
- Play games with each character from your phone or ipad.
- Plus you can visit a local Walmart with your enabled smart device to further enhance your experience.
- While there, look for “Marvel’s The Avengers” displays located throughout the store.
- Point your smart devices at the image to unlock more super hero’s power.
- Collect the powers of the five remaining Avengers and get a chance to defeat Loki and win the game.
Photo Capture Mode Goal: Take a Photo with Your Favorite Avenger
- Activate the “photo capture mode” by pointing your smart device at select “Marvel’s The Avengers” DVD displays in-store.
- A life sized 3-D model of the super hero depicted on the DVD display will become visible on your phone right beside your photo subject.
- Let your kids take a photos with their favorite Avenger characters.
- You can share photos with friends and family on Facebook or via email.
To see a step by step process of what went on behind the scenes of this family night event, click here. And to learn more about the Marvel Avengers DVD and Super Hero AR app check out the Marvel conversion on Twitter using the hashtag #MarvelAvengersWMT and here on Facebook.
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This content has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Marvel. #MarvelAvengersWMT #CBias #SocialFabric
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- Frumpy2Fab | Spring Fashion for Moms - May 23, 2013
- Stride Rite 50% Off Shoe Sale - May 23, 2013
- Valued Opinions – Get $5 in your account today plus be entered to #win $100 of $3,000 - May 23, 2013