What I’m Reading: September 2012 and August Review
It’s a September and I am nine months in to my commitment to read at least one book each month in addition to my Bible.
In fact, I’ve done better than I anticipated because starting out I felt like I didn’t have time to read.
I think part of the success of this challenge was due to the following:
- I made an intentional decision to read more.
- I became more aware of pockets of time available now that I am actively seeking time to read.
- Setting weekly reading goals by dividing my reading into quarters. This helped me start each week with a minimum reading goal.
August’s Reading Recap
During August I read No Longer a Slumdog and One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are.
No Longer a Slumdog – I loved this book!!
No Longer a Slumdog intensified the passion I already had for the hurting and the lost. It was just what I needed to read just as I was on the precipice of taking (the next step in my call to the mission field).
God spoke to my heart through this book and gave me insight on how badly the body of believers are needed to help the lost.
No Longer a Slumdog is absolutely free so if you wanted to begin reading one book a month with no financial burden I suggest starting with this one. You can also check out my ongoing list of FREE Christian books as well.
One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are - I love Ann Voskamp!
Ann is a blogger, author, Christian, wife, mother and public speaker with a passion for God. In One Thousand Gifts, Ann shares her journey to become thankful despite life’s tragedies. She finds that God has surrounded us with gifts if we’d only open our eyes to see them.
What I’m Reading In September
2012 Reading List
January – What Women Fear (It took me a second to get used to reading again so I didn’t finish this)
February – What Women Fear
March – The Resolution for Women
April – The Circle Maker
I will try to share as many personal book reviews as I can, but if I don’t get around to it just know that I highly recommend all of the books listed above.
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- 10 Ways to Avoid Arguments With Your Spouse and Still Go to Bed Best Friends - March 5, 2014
- FREE Printable March 2014 Bible Reading Plan |1 Verse a Day - March 2, 2014
- Is Your To Do List Moving You Closer or Further Away from God? - February 25, 2014