Day 2 of the A Proverbs Wife community Bible Reading Challenge.
Today is day two of our 7 Days in Ephesians and here’s what The Lord spoke to my heart.
Ephesians 2:4 – But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, (Ephesians 2:4 KJV)
Mercy: God is rich in it, so we should be too!
Definition: To be compassionate or to show kindly forbearance toward an offender, an enemy, or other person in one’s power.
1. Lord as I read v. 4 I instantly coveted Your abundance of mercy especially in the area of parenting. I want to end this week having had You come in and overtake my judgement in the area of parenting. Help me find the balance between mercy and discipline.
Ephesians 2:7 – That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 2:7 KJV)
Grace: What we’ve been given to us is what we must express.
Definition: The condition of being in God’s favor or one of the elect. A manifestation of favor or goodwill toward someone.
2. I want to end this week having shown more grace and kindness to my husband and children. They’d say I’m a great wife and mom but You God know how much I struggle with not getting frustrated and taking it out on them. I am so appreciative for the grace they show me and in return I want to be better for them and for You.
Ephesians 2:10 – For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. (Ephesians 2:10 KJV)
Good Works: What I was created for.
Father my heart is open to Your will. There is nothing that I’d rather do than serve You. I’ve served many masters and none of them have been good except You. In response to Your goodness I am Your bondservant dedicated to doing Your good works.
Ephesians 2:14,17 – For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. (Ephesians 2:14, 17 KJV)
Peace: God is our peace!
Definition: Freedom from any strife, dissension, annoyance, distraction, or anxiety. A awareness of tranquillity or serenity.
Thank You Lord being my peace. I read the definition above and it doesn’t come close to describing what Your peace is. Your peace goes beyond understanding which makes it hard to even explain why I don’t have fears about economic, political, social or any other issues that people are anxious about. Being in Your presence reveals how unimportant those things are. I pray that everyone could experience Your peace in their daily lives.
Ephesians 2:20 – And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; (Ephesians 2:20 KJV)
My Foundation: Jesus
Lord what is my life built on? If it’s not You I petition You to tear it down. I know how clouded my judgement can be at times. You’ve seen me let things go to my head and cause me to believe that it’s all about me but I always want to come back tho those seven words:
WHAT IS MY LIFE BUILT ON?
If it’s not You Jesus I don’t want it.
This is a great opportunity for you to get involved with a community wide study of the Bible.
- Read the assigned verses.
- share your favorite verses below and on the APW community Facebook wall
- post about what you’ve read for the day and share a link to your site in the comment section.
- visit other blogs who are participating and gain even more insight into the book of Ephesians.
- meet and interact with other APW community members
If you write about it on your blog, be sure to add the reading plan image to your post and include a link back here so that others can get involved. The reading plan will be posted 10/22 through 10/29.
I look forward to seeing your comments.