Homemade Chicken Bog
Homemade Chicken Bog is an easy meal to prepare and can be tweaked to accommodate any size family
- 1 package of smoked sausage (I used Carolina Pride Beef Smoked Sausage because it has no MSG.)
- 2 cups of rice, uncooked
- 1 TBS minced garlic, more or less to taste
- 1 chicken
1. Bring the whole chicken to a boil in a large pot.
2. Allow the chicken to cook completely.
3. Drain the chicken, reserving the broth, and set it aside to cool.
4. While the chicken cools, cut up the smoked sausage and saute it with garlic in a medium skillet over medium high heat.Cook for 10 minutes.
5. When the sausage is done, put the sausage and rice in the pot you used to boil the chicken.
6. Add the reserved broth from boiled chicken.There needs to be at least 4-5 cups of chicken broth. If there’s not that much, simply add water.
6. Pick the chicken from the bone and mix it in the pot with the rice and sausage.
7. Add the parsley, salt, and pepper to taste. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low.
8. Cover and simmer until rice is done.
Stir and serve!
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- Cottonelle $100 American Express Gift Card #Giveaway - December 10, 2013
- High Value $3/1 Huggies Pull-Ups® Coupons + 5 Potty Training Tips for Moms - December 9, 2013
- DIY Christmas Wreath Snack - December 5, 2013