Let’s discuss the power of prayer, especially for husbands.
I believe you have to cultivate your time of prayer in order to know what’s on our Father’s heart. Let’s start by defining the word.
Prayer, by Webster’s dictionary, is a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God. It is communication between God and man. Prayer is believing in something bigger than yourself.
In Hebrew the word pray is palal, which is the parent root of fall. Literally meaning to fall down to the ground in the presence of one in authority, pleading the cause.
Think about this for a moment.
Do you fall down to the ground in the presence of God in an expression of thanks?
Let us come into His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise Psalm 95:2
Now that you know the definition of prayer, let’s talk about the power of prayer. There was a season in my life where I could tell you I prayed every day, but I couldn’t tell you anything about the power of prayer.
When my husband wasn’t a believer, I laid hands upon him every single night, begging God for his salvation. I know it wasn’t up to me to save him.
I prayed for years.
I would see glimpses of the man he was in Christ, but still he would turn back to his old ways. One night while praying, God gave me the following verse.
The Lord will fight for you; you need to only be still. Exodus 14:14
I look back to that season and God really taught me what it meant to be still and KNOW that He was God.
Beloved, I want you to know that if you’re praying about something and He doesn’t answer you right away, He’s got something better than you could imagine.
If you’re struggling with your prayer life, know that the peace of Christ is within you. We are called to live within that peace.
We are not to be anxious. Christ is in you, the hope of Glory!
In conclusion, my husband did come to know the Lord, but not in my timing. It was an example of the power of prayer. All of the heart ache, pain, and tears were exchanged for one moment of joy.
One soul had been saved. And now when I look at my husband, I see the fruit of the spirit. Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness all wrapped up in one man…Sent by God to be my earthly example of His mighty love.
7 Ways to Pray for your Husband
1. Pray for his relationship with God.
2. Pray for his heart. That God would begin to break down walls and clean house for the Holy Spirit to live.
3. Pray for his day. That God would send the Holy Spirit to the places where his feet would travel and set up divine encounters with Godly people.
4. Pray for the men in his life. Pray that they would build him up, encourage him, and point him to the gospel.
5. Pray for his business. Pray that He would make wise decision that would honor God and point his colleagues to Jesus.
6. Pray that God would put it in his heart to romance you, encourage you, and build you up.
7. Pray that the fruit of his life would be evidence of the God who rules over it.
If you would like to receive prayer, please leave a comment below and we will pray over it. Also, please share your experiences or comments because we are all women of prayer and can encourage one another.