Encouragement for Wives With Unbelieving Husbands

Encouragement for Wives with Unbelieving Husbands

“Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.” Galatians 6:9

For years I went to church by myself and prayed for my atheist,unpleasant husband to get saved.

I used to think, “It would be so nice if we could go to church together as a family.”

After 5 years of praying for him, God intervened and got a hold of his heart.

Wives, I want you to be encouraged that even though your husband may not know Christ now, do NOT give up on praying for him.

God has a plan for you and your marriage, but you have to stay in prayer. (Tweet This)

If you don’t pray then the enemy wins and keeps him.  I often look back and think what if I would have given up?  What if I would have stopped praying?  What if I left and got a divorce?

I know that I would not have given God a chance to finish his part and complete a work in my husband.

I know that I would not have been married for 19 years and have the marital blessings, happiness and oneness that we have today in our marriage.  When we pray we combat the enemy’s plans to destroy our lives.  I didn’t let the enemy win and I pray that you won’t let him win either.

Do Not give up wives.  Your harvest will come in due time.  God loves you and will honor your sacrifice.

About the Author:

Comments

1. priscilla says

Im glad im not alone, I’ve been married for almost two years and ive always wanet my husband to go with me to church but he believes that we dont need be at church to talk to God or sing to God any of that. Plus he likes heavy metal and we also have a one year old son, i want the best for my son and family but honestly sometimes i feel like giving up. I just wish we can go church as a family instead of just me and my son. I feel like people from church see me and wonder why i married a person who doesn’t wanna go with me church.

2. Christy says

Oh my gosh this is so close to how I feel. We have been married for almost 20 years. I am always praying that his heart would change and how different it would be if we were going to church as a family. I know that know in time God’s plan for us will shine. 🙂

3. Ginger says

Thank you for being obident with your post. I have been married for 20 years & saved for 10. I have prayed & prayed for my husbands salvation & honestly felt recently that it would never happen. Thank you, for the encouragement to fight the fight. My husband is saved in the name of Jesus!! My husband is the spiritial leader of our home! I’m comfessing it & believing it!!!

4. Melissa O says

I needed to read this. I almost had given up. Every time I think my husband is going to give his heart to God, he just flies off in the other direction. One step forward and 50 back. It has discouraged me. Its been many years and I grow more discouraged each day. It’s hard to keep praying but I will

5. ANTHONY CARROZZA says

ON FACEBOOK…ANTHONY TONY CARROZZA AND I AM SUBSCRIBED TO YOU . I AM SEPERATED FROM MY WIFE AND DESPERATELY WANT TO SAVE MY MARRIAGE. I PRAY ,HARD , EVERYDAY FOR HER AND BOTH OF US. I ASKED HER OVER A YEAR AGO TO START GOING BACK TO CHURCH. SHE FEFUSED. WE ARE BOTH CATHOLIC. I HAVE GONE BACK EIGHT MONTHS AGO. DOES THIS WORK IF MEN PRAY FOR THEIR WIVES AS WELL. SINCERELY, DESPERATE AND BROKEN.

Katia Reply:

@ANTHONY CARROZZA,
    YES it it DOES work, even better, because the man is the head and the priest of his family, remember how Isaac was declaring the grace and blessings? Never give up, you have a strong weapon, 🙂

6. BonBon21 says

I pray for mine everyday, God is chasing after him big time! I too have the hope that he will be saved and join me in church. Thanks for all the inspiring testimonies!

7. says

I too am a lviing testimony to the power of prayer in a husband’s life. It can turn the worst of marriage situations into the best of marriage situations – try it and see, and yes, don’t give up!!!

Trackbacks