We Can Help Cross off Hunger in America | #BetterTogether
My husband and I are huge proponents of efforts that give back to global communities. All of the principles which ignite our passion for giving are found in the Bible.
I understand the connection between giving and being a Christ follower. God gave the best of what He had so that we could be reconciled with Him in heaven.
In return, I am committed giving. I give my time and resources to those who are less fortunate than I am as well as to causes that are working to do the same.
My Mission for Giving
If I am to be like Christ I must be willing to give especially to those who unable to provide for themselves.
My husband and I share a passion for helping children and providing food for families in need. We also have a passion for global sustainability. In fact we are commissioned to do so in the first book and chapter of the Bible.
That’s why it only made sense to partner with Unilever on their plans for sustainable living.
What is sustainability?
According to the United Nations Commission on Environment and Development, sustainable development “meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs.”
Unilever’s Mission to feed the hungry
“Unilever is committed to donating more than two million meals to families in need with Feeding America and every item on your shopping list counts.
Show your support by adding Unilever brands to your cart next time you shop. Together we can help to Cross Off Hunger”.
Every dollar you spend on Unilever products helps to support this effort. Like me, you probably already use Unliever products so it will be really easy to get involved going forward.
In addition to providing food for families in need, Unilever has made some huge changes in the way that they do business on a global scale in an effort to help people everywhere live better.
Here are a few examples.
1. Tea leaves
Using Rainforest Alliance Certified™ Lipton® Tea supports farmers working to improve their livelihoods and those of their families while protecting the planet for the future.
2. Water consumption
Unilever is partnered with Recyclebank to encourage consumers to turn off water while brushing teeth and lathering hair during shampooing.
3. Waste Reduction
Unilever is coming up with innovative ways to reduce the amount of materials used to create packaging. The are testing for ways to actually re-use the packaing as well as increasing the product recovery and recycling rates.
4. Dove personal care products
Each time you buy Dove®, you help Unilever and their charitable partners provide inspiring self-esteem programming for girls.
5. Better work facilities for employees.
Unilever is committed to providing a safe workplace for employees and improving their health through better diets, work practices and lifestyles.
I know a lot of times we don’t think about the social impact our consumer spending habits have on the world but I want to get you to thinking about in a way that easy to digest.
My family is currently committed to supporting global sustainability efforts and we want you to get involved too.
Here are 4 ways to get involved.
1. Visit the Making Life Better Facebook page to interact and learn more about all of the sustainability efforts.
2. Use the interactive app on the Unilever Making Life Better Facebook page and earn a “Hunger Badge” for each section you complete.
3. Support Unilever’s global sustainability efforts by making an intentional decision to choose Unilever products.
4. Get involved with the conversation on Twitter using the hashtag #BetterTogether in your tweets.
5. Do at least on thing that will either help someone or the environment.
- pray for the needy
- compost bio-degradable items (DIY composting tutorial)
- re-purpose everyday items (even styrofoam containers and hangers)
- reduce energy consumption (19 things you can do today)
- sponsor a child in need (read my story)
- recycling your trash (Tips for recycling newspaper)
I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and Unilever #CBias #SocialFabric. All opinions expressed are my own and I only promote campaigns that support the mission of AProverbsWife.com. To learn more about how I choose which companies to partner with please see my disclosure.
Latest posts by The Proverbs Wife (see all)
- Cottonelle $100 American Express Gift Card #Giveaway - December 10, 2013
- High Value $3/1 Huggies Pull-Ups® Coupons + 5 Potty Training Tips for Moms - December 9, 2013
- DIY Christmas Wreath Snack - December 5, 2013