My husband and I decided a few years ago that we wouldn’t get wrapped up in the unspoken obligation to buy high priced gifts for people. Nor would we succumb to the idea that the entire underside of our Christmas tree that to be filled with gifts.
We shop frugally for gifts and we don’t buy what we can’t afford. We general shop year round for gifts, limit our children to one or two gifts a piece from us, and try not to pay full price.
An idea of inexpensive gifts I like to give or receive are relaxing spa days or restaurant vouchers. I never pay the full price for the product or service when I use deal sites like the MasterCard Marketplace. I use deal sites often because deal sites truly save me money on things I plan to buy.
I recently used MasterCard Marketplace to order some restaurant certificates for myself and for relatives. Buying gifts for the people who mean so much to you is not cheap these days but with MasterCard Marketplace, I was able to buy $25 to $50 dining certificates for only $10 or less per certificate.
How to Use the MasterCard Marketplace:
1. Head over to the MasterCard Marketplace using this special link.
2. Enter your zip code located in the center of the page at the very top. You see a list of offers show up below your zip code.
3. Click on the offer you want and a new page will open up.
4. Now, check out the details and then click on the orange “Get Offer” button on the right side of the page.
5. Then a new page will open up to show you the full details of offer where you can add your item to your cart and check out.
6. If you pay using your MasterCard, a portion of your purchase will be donated to Stand Up To Cancer which works to find a cure for cancer.
Help advance cancer research one precious cent at a time by getting your holiday shopping done and paying your bills online with MasterCard®. Just use your credit or debit MasterCard card for any online purchase $10 or more now through the end of the year, and MasterCard will donate up to $2,000,000 to help Stand Up To Cancer.* Learn more here.
7. Print your certificate and use or if it’s a gift, place it in a really nice card for the recipient.
“I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study fo Collective Bias® and MasterCard #CBias #SocialFabric #FinishMyList”
All opinions expressed are my own and I only promote campaigns that support the mission of AProverbsWife.com. To learn more about how I choose which companies to partner with please see my disclosure. To see more images of my shopping trip click here.
For our family the holidays are not about how much we can spend but how much we can save.
It’s not about the crowds and the rush some feel from getting a great deal. It’s about creating loving gestures to our family but still having money leftover to give to our favorite causes.
Our Christmas shopping is focused on being good stewards of what God has given us. It’s about spending our money wisely and honoring God with our finances.