Could you use some new family friendly and unique recipe ideas?
I had the opportunity this month to try a variety of SunChips flavors and also get familiar with some of the ways they incorporate their delicious snacks into recipes suitable for any meal of the day.
I was so inspired by these crunchy waves of whole-grain goodness that I created two recipes of my own to share with you using SunChips in my ingredients.
I came up with two recipes that can both be created and eaten in the same day. The first recipe is a twist on fried chicken tenders. I love fried chicken tenders, but don’t eat them very often because it’s just not a healthy food choice for my lifestyle. So, instead of deep frying the tenders I decided to create oven fried chicken tenders using SunChips newest flavor Sweet & Spicy BBQ — as my coating.
SunChips® Sweet & Spicy BBQ flavored multigrain snacks have a bold, flavorful taste, which really makes these chicken tenders unique.
Oven Fried SunChips® Sweet & Spicy BBQ Chicken Tenders
- 10 1/2 oz bag of SunChips® SWEET & SPICY BBQ flavored multigrain snacks
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 cup of water
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 1 packet of Goya Sazon
- non-stick cooking spray
1. Rinse the chicken and then pat dry with a paper towel
2. Cut chicken breasts into 1-inch thick strips
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. In a separate bowl, combine the 2 eggs, water, and Goya Sazon
5. Put the entire bag of SunChips in a gallon sized storage bag, and crush them with a something
heavy such as a rubber mallet
6. Dip chicken pieces into egg mixture and then into the SunChips SWEET & SPICY BBQ
7. Place chicken in a single layer on a baking sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray
8. Bake chicken at 375° for 20 minutes. Turn chicken tenders on the opposite side and bake an
additional 20 minutes.
SunChips® Sweet & Salty S’mores
For the second recipe, I created a fun dessert which is a twist on the classic S’mores. Instead of
using graham crackers I substituted SunChip regular multigrain snacks to still give it that crunch,
while adding a unique flavor.
The end result was a perfect mix of sweet, salty and gooey marshmallowy goodness.
• 1 bag of SunChips® Original multigrain snacks
• Milk chocolate squares
• Mini marshmallows
1. On a plate, arrange a single layer of SunChips Original multigrain snacks
2. Top each SunChip with a whole or half a square of milk chocolate and 1-2 marshmallows
(depending on your preference)
3. Microwave on high until chocolate and marshmallow melt (approximately 30 seconds)
Enjoy now or later!