Life Reimagined What’s Next

What goal or dream have you always wanted to achieve? Tell us by clicking on the following link and be entered in the Life Reimagined What’s Next Contest.

One lucky winner will receive the grand prize of $10,000 and three finalists will win $1,000 each to help make their next moments a reality.

Comments

1. Francheska Shope says

My dream has been to become a doctor. I had attempted to start college back in 2005, yet due to military priorities, I always had to drop it within the first week. Ever since I have tried on and off. When I finished my contract in 2011, I started college, but then was pregnant during my 2nd semester. Another break. Now my daughter is one, I had married a wonderful man, and gained another child (age 7). Needless to say I have my hands full with a larger family than I had originally started with. I want to show both my kiddos through hard work, sacrifice and persistence anything can be accomplished. At times feeling a bit shameful because of my age having to be just getting started on a bachelor’s degree, I remind myself that “things happen”, and I am right where God wants me to be. Getting my Ph.D and being able to provide my family I feel they deserve, would be the ultimate dream come true!

2. says

I have always wanted to be a foster family, and possibly adopt. We need a bigger vehicle because we have just enough room for our own kids now. Also need beds for them We already have room in our home and in our hearts! 🙂

3. Aimee Jenkins says

I have always wanted a coffee/bakery shop of my own. But after being married and having 3 children (one with autism), I still want the shop but I think being out of debt or moving to a place where therapy and specialists for my son is readily available is much more important than my own business.

4. Toshia says

I dream of taking my 4 kids and husband on a trip to several national parks in California and other magical places. I have triplets and a singleton. And I dream of taking off to see our country. Camping, hiking, fishing, and great views…. and for them to see the country and not just read about it.

5. Neciey Shelton says

My dream is to own a building for my bakery. I currently have a home based bakery. Business is growing so much that it is taking over my home. Having my own building will provide me with more space and give people the option to stop by and pick up made in advanced baked goods. I really could use the money for supplies, advertisement, and expansion.

6. Amanda Long says

I have always wanted to go on a mission trip to another country. I am so easily caught up in the “things” of this world. I think being able to experience life outside of where I live could help me become a better person. I would love for my son and husband to experience this as well

7. Carla says

I’m an aspiring psalmist, and I’m working on getting my music out to the masses. I want to spread the gospel through songs, songs of salvation, deliverance, healing, and hope. My husband is so supportive that he’s allowing me to pursue my ministry full-time! I recently quit my job so that I can wholeheartedly pursue my calling/purpose! I am so serious about it because when I sing, I enjoy seeing others set free and delivered!

8. Adreanna says

My goal is to continue as a full-time student, part-time worker and earn my bachelors degree in Early Childhood Education with a special education endorsement. Once I graduate, I plan to start my own school/center and have my first child with my husband, Gerald!

9. Lacy says

I have wanted to adopt children since I was a child & feel that it is a calling God has placed on my heart. It breaks my heart that so many children are living in orphanages without the nurturing, stability, & love of a family. Winning the grand prize would pay for approximately 1/3 the cost of the adoption for one child! What a blessing that would be!!

Stacy Bishop Reply:

@Lacy, Lacy, I wanted to tell you that I am going to be praying the Lord will heap tremendous blessings on your family! I have two adopted nephews, and I myself am praying about fostering and adoption!

10. Anna says

My biggest unfufilled dream is for my son and I to have our own home. Everytime we get close and get our hopes up, something comes along and turns our lives upside down again. I lie awake everynight thinking how happy we would be in our own home with a yard to enjoy. It breaks my heart when we drive through neighborhoods and my son asks if we can live in “that house” or “that other house.” I dream of giving him the security of having a place we call home.

11. Nita Wilkinson says

I would love to run in the Boston marathon. I will never reach the time goal for my age group. I think it would be much more satisfying to run it while raising money for the Alzheimer’s Association.

12. Korrie says

I would love to add a room on to my house. I have three kids that I home school, my husband is in the ministry, and is in seminary school and every book for him and our kids, and his desk are in my room. It is a tight squeeze.

13. Carol says

I have a chronic viral infection in my liver that I need treatment for that last 44 weeks and makes you very sick an depressed and chances of being cured are 50%. I have family but they are all stressed from their own personal and health problems. I don’t have any friends. I could use the money to find a care facility or hire a nurse to stay with me while I am being treated so I wouldn’t be a burden to my family.

14. says

I have been praying about writing a book. I have been told by many people that this is something I need to do, I share my testimony and do some local public speaking to help encourage ladies to move from a painful past to joy and victory in The Lord. I have found freedom from my past abuse through forgiveness and The Lord is using my story to help bring victory in the lives of other women.
    My husband and I have 7 children (some are grown) and have adopted 4 medically fragile children, and are now in the process of adopting another little guy. We have been asked to adopt another young man from our church as well.
    My desire is to begin writing my book, but it would need to be a God thing for this to happen.
    If it is His will, I trust Him in His timing to see this dream come true, who knows, maybe you will play a part in fulfilling this desire!
    Blessings

15. Christine M. Magee says

I am a Licensed nurse I have been since 1994.
    I am also the caregiver for my adult daughter who is 27 years old. She has multiple disabilities. I want to get my RN associates first then BSN. I had to quit work and pursuing scholl when my daughter (who is nonverbal and in a wheelchair) was in so much pain and for years the docs could not figure it out. Finally 2 years ago she was diagnosed with Psoriatc Arthritis. I wanted to be a teacher but I became a nurse to help my girl and I knew when As nurse I was able to teach her docs and oneyear taught CMA’s.I knew then God gave me the desires of my heart. Please won’t you help me to help others.

16. Priscila Marin says

I would like to become a personal trainer. I am a stay at home mom, and I love it, but I would love to work doing something that I already love 🙂

17. Christy says

I have always dreamed of owning my own business. I volunteer for our local baseball league where I run the concession stand. I dream of having a “concession trailer”, setting up at a business (that I’ve already been in contact with) & serving breakfast & lunch.

18. Kimberly says

My dream has always been to publish my book. It’s difficult to get unsolicited manuscripts published, and it’s very expensive to do it yourself. That’s been the practical dream. The other would be to take my family on a Disney dream vacation. It’s not in our budget, but it would be a dream come true for them.

19. Wrevhn says

To have two arms,missing half my left. So I can do simple things I see others do, like fix their own hair.Little things ppl take for granted, and bigger things like playing certain instruments. Having both, or something close enough, would be amazing.

20. Raquel Beltz says

God has placed a need within me to reach out to ladies and young girls no matter their station in life. Today I met with three ladies that share the same desire. We all have a strong relationship with God, but it wasn’t always that way. We have each struggled with at least one of the following: acceptance, abuse, self-loathing, infidelity, selr-destructive behavior, substance abuse and the feeling of unworthiness. Through these struggles, we found our strengths, dug out of the rubble and found the path God had placed before us. Those paths have brought us together with a desire to give women the hope they too often look for in the bottom of a bottle, an affair, acceptance from anyone, inappropriate attention or simply by becoming numb. We want to put our experiences into articles and devotions that are uplifting and show God’s grace, forgiveness and unconditional love. We want to offer a monthly publication that reaches out on personal level and gives them truth. So many of today’s magazines focus on “me” and shower praise on the perverse. It is time that the newstands put praise we here it belongs. This publication is about God using us. God doing extraordinary things through ordinary people. We have the desire, the drive and the direction from God. We are praying about the funding and how God wants us to achieve our goal. Our life’s dream? To be God’s instruments through use of the talents He has given us.

21. Pamela says

In thinking on this powerful and loaded question, I really sat back and pondered (wow, could this really happen)? All through school, I was always standing up for people, fighting for rights that others didn’t realize they had (the less fortunate or disenfranchised), through debating, mock trial, advocating yet never knew that one day I would need it for myself or my children and the voice to do it. I’m 39 years of age and always wanted to work in the field of law, court justice and then accident after accident, health issues, almost losing my children at birth, fighting for their rights of NO meds due to unique learning challenges and now 5 years into this new chapter of my life; the loss of my ability to walk. Life is coming full circle and I want to provide a voice and advocate for children with unique needs, those with any type of disability to where we have the right to be looked upon as HANDI-capable and not handicapped because we don’t have the proper things in place. My dream is to start a coalition and go to school to obtain my Bachelors of Science in Criminal Justice, to use my voice for the millions that don’t have one. I would like the ability to start school before I turn 40, which would be 11-13-13. This would truly reimage my life tremendously and grant me the opportunity in touching lives, one at a time; by overcoming, empowering, encouraging and INSPIRING others; starting with my own. Thank You!

22. Lori says

I would love to go to seminary and get a degree in apologetics and then either become a college professor so that I can help young people keep their faith, or become an affordable biblical women’s counselor.

23. Fredia Horton says

All my life I have loved books!! All my life I have wanted to finish college. My dream, to get my Masters Degree in Library Science. It has been “on hold” for many years. I was a teen mom and concentrated on raising and supporting my kids. Now 8 kids later, 3 grand babies and a 40 th birthday under my belt…. I finished my associates degree this summer, & start my bachelors in a week. My wonderful husband supports my goal 100%… one (or two) less loans would be a God Send!!

24. carissa smith says

Honestly, I want to be debt-free. I have several hospital bills that I haven’t been able to pay, and I would love to have that feeling of freedom from any debt. On top of that, I would love to treat my husband to a vacation of his choice. He has been working so hard since I lost my job. Up to 3 jobs a day!! I am so grateful for all he does for me and his 2 little girls, this would be my way of giving him a little back.

25. Melissa says

I have always wanted a small studio for my photography hobby. I take professional type of portraits for low income families at a fraction of the cost of the large portrait studios. If I had a studio of my own, I could purchase props and have a place to stow them. 🙂