My home is not super organized but there is one room that I try to keep organized, clutter free and tidy.
My bedroom is my sanctuary, a place of peace and space for rejuvenation.
One of the things that makes this room being so special is my bed. I’ve taken my focus off projects around the house and made our master bedroom a priority starting with our bed.
This year we made an upholstered headboard and I invested in some nice bedding.
The next thing I want to do is add risers to make the bed higher off the floor then purchase pillows and a bed skirt.
Some of the things that have made our bedroom so special are the projects we’ve completed in here and in the master bath but also the habit of making our bed each day.
Either me or my husband will make the bed once we get up. I don’t know why he does it but here are my 10 Reason Why I Make My Bed Every Day.
1. I feel like a hypocrite telling my children to make their beds but then I don’t make mine. I like to see their bedrooms looking semi tidy and a made bed is the crux of my expectations.
2. Making my bed in the morning provides a sense of finality. It draws the line in the sand indicating sleep time is over.
A nicely made bed usually prevents you from going back to bed and wasting valuable time!
When my kids were babies and toddlers the bed was rarely made. Back then, a lot of my day was spent in the bed cuddling or putting one of the kids down for a nap so it didn’t make sense to make my bed.
Now that they are all school age, we all make our beds in the morning.
3. I like my bedroom to feel like a hotel suite. You know that feeling when you’re on vacation and leave your room a little disorganized only to return to neat and tidy room?
That’s the feeling I get when I go about my day and then return to a neat bed and tidy bedroom. A tightly pulled duvet and fluffy pillows excite me after a long day.
4. It provides a sense of achievement first thing in the morning.
5. It’s a great way to show off my bedding or encourages me to invest in some nice bedding.
If you’re on a budget like me, a great alternative to a pricey comforter is a duvet.
Duvet’s slip right over existing comforters and provide a new look for your bed for a fraction of the price of a new comforter.
I bought my King size duvet and two shams for only $22.00!!
6. It prevents dust and dirt from getting under your covers.
Our carpet provides a massive amount of dust and shedding fibers. On top of that dust, dander and other allergens are entering your home each time you open a window or door.
Not making your bed allows all of that stuff to settle on your sheets and unless you change your sheets every day…you are sleeping right on top of this stuff.
7. Making my bed also provides me with a clear straightened surface area to tackle homemaking chores like laundry or menu planning. Often times I’ll grab my recipe binder, lay across the bed and plan my menus.
8. Having my bed made provides an inviting space for my husband and kids to come hang out when they come home from school or work.
This goes back to number six. My husband and I don’t get on our unmade bed with clothes that we’ve worn outside nor do we let our kids.
9. Making my bed motivates me to keep the rest of my room neat. Having a made bed and pretty bedding motivates me to tackle other areas of clutter.
10. It just feels wonderful to pull back the blankets at night and crawl in for a restful evening.
Now it’s your turn. Tell us why you do or do not make your bed. Is your bed made right now?
Please follow and like A Proverbs Wife: