The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
I love a clean and organized home, but with kids, it’s often impossible to keep things tidy.
I love them to death… but they undo my cleaning efforts on a daily basis.
I’d love to have a”helper” come in once a week to help us clean, but my husband is having none of that.
He’s totally against hiring help unless it runs on batteries or electricity.
He jokes all the time about the “helpers” he’s bought me. Their names are oven, washing machine, and dryer just to name a few.
So, since I’m not getting a living, breathing helper anytime soon I figured why not get another electrically powered one.
Best Buy sent us the Dyson DC59 Animal vacuum cleaner a few weeks ago in exchange for our honest opinion about it.
The Dyson was so easy to assemble and begin using right away.
My husband wasn’t initially impressed until I told him how we could not only vacuum the carpets in the house, but the ones in the car as well.
He didn’t realize the DC59 can be used as a full sized vacuum and a compact vacuum for smaller areas.
Here are some of the features we like:
Wall mount charging station: It took two screws to attach it to the wall and provides a great place to store the vacuum when not in use. (3.5 hour charging time)
Wall mount storage station: I love that the vacuum and all of its attachments can be stored in the charging station. With my current vacuum the attachments are connected to the vacuum and often fall off while vacuuming.
Ability to Convert: This vacuum can convert to a long handle wand to capture high ceiling, fan and light fixture dust. It can also convert from a regular floor vacuum to a handheld system great for stairs and cars. It’s like four vacuums in one.
Light weight: For this vacuum to pack so much power it’s very light weight making it so much easier to go from upstairs to downstairs and even outdoors with the vacuum. The Dyson weighs only 4.65 lbs… That’s lighter than a newborn full weight baby. My current vacuum weighs as much as a kindergartener.
Cordless: I love the fact that this vacuum is cordless. I don’t foresee us paying the vacuum the inside of our cars anymore now that we have this Dyson.
Dual suction settings: I can choose from regular suction to a stronger suction for those high traffic areas. The Dyson has up to 3 times the suction of any other cordless vacuum. Using the high suction drains the battery faster, but gets the job done in less time. In normal suction mode the Dyson has a 26 minute clean time.
Here are some of the key points.
- New V6 motor = 50% more power than V2; performs like an upright (350 Watts)
- 2 Tier, 15 Radial Cyclone technology brought to cordless for the first time
- Wider Re-engineered brush bar for hard floor and carpet cleaning (approx. 10” vs. 8” on the DC44)
- Spins at 110,000rpm (5 times faster than a Formula One race car engine)
- 4-pole magnet that delivers 50% more power than its predecessor, V2
- 3 times smaller than a conventional vacuum motor
- Re-engineered nickel, manganese cobalt battery
- 1.5 times more power than its predecessor (same run time, however – the extra capacity is used to power the V6 motor)
- Boost mode still available
- Work in parallel to increase airflow and capture fine dust
- Improved maneuverability due to a smaller ball at the back
- Self-tightening mechanism keeps the brush bar stable
- A new configuration of carbon fiber filaments and nylon bristle tips to remove fine dust and dirt across all floor types
- Extended neck for greater ease of use
- Soft-touch trigger is easier to hold (makes for longer clean time – people don’t need to keep it on when moving furniture, etc. – less wasted energy)
- Handle now more comfortable to hold and Only 4.65 lbs
- Hygienic one-touch bin emptying, now on both sides (for lefties and righties). One push empties bin, 2nd push detaches bin completely for washing, etc.
- Pre-motor filter located at the top; now much easier to take out for washing
The Dyson DC59 is an amazingly powerful and versatile vacuum and one that I believe is a good investment for my family.
My husband always tells me that when you go cheap you end up wasting money over the long haul. Therefore, I won’t tell you how I’ve been buying 1-2 cheaper vacuums a year since 2009.
If you are looking to upgrade your current Dyson or purchase your first Dyson be sure to look for the Dyson DC59 Animal Digital Slim at Best Buy beginning February 1st, 2014.
Please follow and like A Proverbs Wife: