Why Prayer and Bible Reading is So Important

20140217-061818.jpg

If I don’t tell you anything else I want you to know why prayer and bible reading is so important.

You will not be, feel or get closer to God without spending time reading your Bible and talking to God.

Seriously…it just won’t happen.

God can use a variety of ways to communicate with us because He’s God however, He has given us two undeniable means that will work every single time.

God does not desire that our relationship with Him nor the way in which we communicate with Him to be a mystery.

In fact, He wants it to be so easy a child could do it.

It’s so easy to talk to God and to know His will. Talking to Him is as simple as opening up our mouths.

Knowing His will is right there in the Bible.

That’s why daily consistent time spent talking to God and reading His word is so important.

You all know I’ve written about it time and time again here on the blog.

Whenever I begin to feel anything but peace and closeness with God, it’s directly related to the time I’ve spent (or not spent with him).

So sweet friend if you are experiencing a lack of closeness with God or absence of peace let me admonish you to evaluate your relationship with the Father.

I want to pray for those of you who have been struggling. There are so many things that come into out lives to draw our focus away from God but I am praying He will give you wisdom and a spirit of discernment.

He will teach us to be better stewards of our time and also cultivate in us the discipline to make spending time with Him our top priority.

If you’d like to be added to my prayer list or if you have specific prayer request please let me know below.

I read every comment and pray for you always.

Comments

1. Kris Kelly says

I need prayer for my husband who is deep in sin. Pray for my marriage to be restored. Please pray that I become the wife my husband needs and that he will come to church with me. It has brought me closer to God but the devil comes along and gets me discouraged and less into praying and reading the Bible, the things I really need.

A Proverbs Wife Reply:

@Kris Kelly, You are not alone Kris. It is hard being married an not having your spouse on board as a Christ follower. I have an article written by one of my amazing contributors that may give you some inspiration in your situation.

2. Pawlla Lawrence says

I am going through a storm that just seems to keep getting worse and worse. My husband has stepped outside our marriage and she is pregnant, my children do not practice their Christian values and I am so lost and broken. I love God…I do but I am not feeling His presence in any of this. I don’t know what to pray for…I don’t know how to pray anymore, I feel like praying and fasting is getting me nowhere. I’ve talked to pastors/prophets who have told me God is going to send an angel in the form of a man to my husband to get this evil spirit away from him, (he believes in plural marriage) and bring him back to me and I see nothing, nothing positive including my own faith slipping. Please pray for me because I don’t know how anymore!

A Proverbs Wife Reply:

@Pawlla Lawrence, you are facing a tough situation where only time spent in the presence of God and obedience to His word will see you through. What the pastors/prophets said isn’t Biblical. Pray for your husband and children everyday. In addition, be Christ in their lives. You can show them who Christ really is by your actions and words. God will give you the strength you need. Depend on Him and continue to lift up your family to Him in prayer.

3. Tisha says

Please pray my strength. I need to be a better steward of my time and devote more time to reading. I talk to God throughout my day but I need to read His Word more and meditate on it. I’m a divorced mom of 1 and at times it’s so very hard but I know He’s my Rock. I am struggling professionally and personally but I won’t give up.
    I thank Him for you all.

A Proverbs Wife Reply:

@Tisha, I’m praying for you love. I know it gets tough, but you are made strong in the Lord. When you feel weak call on Him, read his word and think on it. That always helps me take my focus off my troubles and put them on God. He’ll never leave you or forsake you.

4. Dawn says

I need prayer to bring me closer to God. I’ve had so much happening in my life the last 8 months that I feel my relationship with God has drifted. My husband doesn’t want to come to church and has picked up some old habits he once had. I’m also having a hard time with my 12 year old and her attitude.

A Proverbs Wife Reply:

@Dawn, it sounds like this is right on time for you. Devote yourself to drawing closer to God. You’re called to be the influence that will help your husband and daughter.

5. elisha heffner says

I am also letting stress tiredness and busyness get in the way of spending time with God. I know I need to put him first I just need to do it

A Proverbs Wife Reply:

@elisha heffner, yes…this is one of those things you just have to make a decision to do. It’s so personal and an important part of our faith. You can do it.

6. liz says

My husband and I have both strayed from the Lord. We want to go back to church and be closer to Him. We just haven’t found the right church. We have three young children and we want them to know the Lord.

A Proverbs Wife Reply:

@liz, pray for a church home. The longer you are away from other believers the more vulnerable you are. In the meantime, stay connected to one another through Bible Study together if possible and prayer. Also, ask people you know what church they’d recommend.

7. Tasha says

Please pray for me. This is an area that I am struggling in. I have felt so disconnected from God lately. I have tried getting quiet and spending time in his word but I felt as if I was not hearing him and I don’t know how to get on track. Thank you

The Proverbs Wife Reply:

@Tasha, I am praying for you. I feel like that sometimes. I feel like I’m praying, reading my Bible and am repentant of any sin yet I feel far from God. In those times I work on ignoring my feelings and focusing on Gods truth. I know they He is never far from me even though it feel that way.

8. says

I need prayer for my sister, she once knew the Lord and has strayed far from Him. I also need prayer for my husband….he doesn’t want to go to church. I also need prayer for two out of my three adult children…..they don’t want to “hear” it anymore.
    Thank you so much for praying for our needs.
    I will add you to my prayer list as well.

The Proverbs Wife Reply:

@Pamela Lewis, I am praying for you and your family members salvation. Never stop praying for them. Sometimes prayer does what our words can’t.

Trackbacks