I started writing this blog for myself and my daughters. I wanted them to be able to look back and have an idea of what I believed it meant to be a wife and mom.
The goal of this site is to encourage, inspire and ignite their passion for Biblical womanhood and part of that includes nurturing the romance between husband and wife.
I have an ongoing list in my mind of things I do to demonstrate my love and affection for my husband. Part of that list specifically deals with what I can do to wow him at the end of the day.
My goal in “wowing” him, is to help him relax, let down his guard and just be himself. In doing that, my goal is to help him transition his mental state from work mode to marriage mode.
Below I’ve shared some things I like to do, as well as some suggestions from friends. Keep in mind that these are simply our suggestions, and you can do or not do whatever you want in your marriage.
This is simply how we enjoy loving on our husbands.
12 Ways to Wow Your Husband at the End of the Day
1. Light the room with a small lamp versus the main light in the room.
2. Turn on some music and let it play in the background. If you don’t already have a station set up for you an your husband get on that pronto. My husband and I have pre-set stations on Pandora that we can just let play and will play the perfect songs to set the mood for some couple time.
3. Light some scented candles. Candles are such an inexpensive way to set the mood in the home. I’m a candle hoarder and tend to switch out scents based on the season or how I’m feeling.
4. Fix your hair. According to what I’ve read in the Bible, men are VERY visual so give your man something amazing to look at. Taking time out to pamper yourself will not only benefit your boo, but you as well. When you look in the mirror and see your stunning face smiling back, it can improve your attitude and lift your confidence.
5. Put on some nice pajamas or loungewear. It doesn’t have to be something from the Victoria’s Secret Very Sexy collection (my favorite). It could be something as simple as a pair of Yoga pants and a tee shirt. I hear guys love yoga pants.
6. Check your face. Do you look hot or a hot mess? Apply some lip gloss or lip stain and make sure your face is clean.
7. Pick out some pajamas for him to wear. My husband likes to put on his comfy pj’s when he gets home, but just as he encourages me not come to bed looking frumpy, I do the same to him.
8. If he needs to shower when he gets in, warm his towel in the dryer for a few minutes. A hot towel feels so good, after a shower.
9. Natasha from House of Nichols says, “drawing a hot bubble bath and a massage works some wonders”. In fact, I suggest you grab those candles, hop in the tub with your man and massage one another.
10. Mandi from Chewsy Lovers suggests, A freshly made bed, with fresh linen. I absolutely second this idea. I love a freshly made bed. It just feels like you‘re at a nice hotel.
11. Raya from And Starring As Herself likes to wow her man with a hot meal on the table, a half hour of video games uninterrupted, and a back rub when he get’s home. This is a great way to let your man relax and get ready to connect with you.
12. Put on some perfume he likes and ask him to put on your favorite cologne. If you don’t have perfume, scented lotion will do. Apply it around your neck, stomach, arms….girl just dab a little bit everywhere.
I know I said this post would be about ‘wowing’ your husband, but I’m feeling pretty ‘wowed’ just writing it.
My husband is the man I vowed my love, adoration and affection to before God. As husband and wife we must take an initiative to cultivate our love and affection toward one another.
Over the span of a marriage, intimate love can deteriorate, then husbands and wives end up living together as roommates. My husband and I don’t believe that’s what God intended for our marriage.
My husband and I have gone through the good, bad and worst in our marriage and now we’re here. It hasn’t been easy, but it’s been worth it. We love spending every day together and look forward to spending the rest of our lives together.
Your marriage may be in a bad place right now, but I want you to know that it doesn’t have to stay there. I know what it is to fall out of love and to be on the brink of divorce so I want to encourage you to fight for your marriage.
The devil would just love to see you quit and for your family to be torn apart, but you have to decide that your marriage is worth fighting for and fight for it.
Please follow and like A Proverbs Wife: