I hope you are having an amazing week. If you are not subscribed to my channel you probably missed my top Tips for Creating a Morning Routine. In this video, I share my own routine, what’s working for me and why I am so selective about what I give my time to first thing in the morning.
God really has had me in my feelings for a few months now. My spirit has been so unsettled about so many things, but I know this season is refining me into the women God wants me to be for what He has prepared for me.
He’s taking me through some situations that are tough, but good for me and prayer has been my saving grace. Knowing I can seek Him for strength to make it through or wisdom to know what to do gives me so much comfort.
In early October, my husband Germaine and I traveled to Honduras to serve a ministry based in Tegucigalpa. We were there for 7 days and in that time God moved on my heart in ways I could have never imagined.
I never thought I could fall in love with a group of children so quickly and have them impact my heart in ways I thought only my children could.
About a decade ago, God began calling my husband and I to do more with our time and resources. This was around the time we began working on become debt free. Since that time, God has taken us on a journey that’s involved sponsoring two children through Compassion Ministries, Supporting Operation Christmas Child every year, financially supporting missionaries, regularly donating and now sponsoring another sweet little boy through the Lamb Institute where we served in Honduras.
I don’t sit here writing this list to mislead you into believing I’m always content. We all face struggles and have to decide how we are to handle them. We all get frustrated and suffer from disappointments in life, and relationships. This list is a gentle reminder for us to set a watch over our thoughts and feelings. It’s a reminder of how we can go about dealing with life’s challenges and not allowing them to steal our joy.
10 Secrets To Being a Content Woman
1. Don’t complain to others or about things. Complaining is a slippery slope that opens the door for Satan. Once you begin grumbling about things, next you’ll be grumbling about the Giver of all things. Use your energy to seek out the joy in all things. Take your concerns to God because He is the only one with the power to help you.
2. Don’t look at what other people have or what they are able to do and wish to be in their shoes. Coveting is a parasite that sucks the joy out of you. Coveting also says to God that you don’t think He knows what’s best for you. Coveting steals the joy you would be experiencing if you’d thank God for what you do have.
3. Always find something to be thankful for. Go as far as keeping a journal of things you are thankful for. Take a few minutes one or several times each day to add to your list. Reread your entries whenever your feel discontentment.
4. Always look for the good in your current situation. Don’t dwell on what could have been. Ask God to show you the lesson and the purpose in your current circumstances.
5. Stay in the present by focusing on what’s happening in your life today. Let God take care of your tomorrow.
6. Figure out what your purpose is and start operating in it. When we do what we were created to do we are able to perform at our fullest potential which results in the greatest return on our investment of time.
7. Learn the control your thoughts because what you think directly affects what you do.
8. Forgive people who have wronged you. When we hold grudges it will be hard to be content and at peace within ourselves. Forgiving is not for the benefit of the offender, it for the benefit of the offended. Forgive so that you can move on.
9. Accept things you can’t change. Dwelling on the shoulda, coulda, and woulda’s will keep you unhappy and living in the past. Forgive yourself or others for past choices. If the thing you can’t change is a present situation, ask God for peace and accept His will.
10. Have hope in God. He has a Biblical love letter full of glorious promises written just for you. Read His word daily to remind yourself of all the reasons why you should be content.
Ladies, we all struggle with letting situations steal our joy. What practices do you put in place to keep that from happening too often?
How to Manage Your Time and Organize Daily Activities is written to give you ideas on how to take control of your time and make your schedule do what you tell it to do.
There are only so many hours in a day and as women, wives and moms, we have to figure out to best delegate that time effectively. Everything in life is pulling at our time. Between jobs, family, personal care and the needs of others we can end up feeling like we don’t have enough time.
I realized long ago that obligation can become sort of a slave master if I allow it. There is no end to the amount of things that need to be done that why it is your job to give task a stoping point. It’s your job to set up boundaries identifying when a certain activity has gotten as much of your time as you can give at the moment.
To keep my time in check I regularly conduct a time audit. The audit is to help me identify what I’m giving my time to.