Food On the Table, the brainchild of Manuel Rosso out of Austin, Texas — is a website that creates weekly menus based on local grocery store sales.
Not only am I going to tell you the pros and cons of the site, but I’m also going to give one lucky reader a $25 gift card to your local grocery store courtesy of Food On the Table.
First, let me tell you that I am in love with Food On the Table concept. I used the “Try it Free” plan that allowed me access to (3) dinner ideas, plus the use of the customizable shopping list feature.
Here are the highlights:
- The site creates menu plans for you that can be customized.
- You can choose the number of days worth of meals. (Premium service)
- No more meals that your family doesn’t eat because you choose the meat to be included in your menus.
- The grocery list and menu is based on the sales at your local grocery stores each week.
- You are able to print your corresponding manufacturer coupons right from the site.
- It’s fast and easy to use.
Here is what can be improved:
- The site lacks a complete grocery store deal match ups database. At this point you’d still have to visit a deal site like mine to find out what other items are on sale at your local grocer.
- The menus only includes the main dish and not side items. I would like to see the side dishes included based on the weekly sales ad.
The site offer a FREE option which gives you up to four meal ideas a week and a premium option which gives you a full week of meal ideas. The premium plan which is $9.95 a month and less than $6 on an annually a month annually, is a great alternative to planning your own menus.
Now for the giveaway:
I lucky reader will win a $25 gift card to the grocery store of their choice.
You can can get up to (2) entries by doing either one or both of the following. You must provide a valid email address with your comment. You will be contacted by email if you are our winner.
- Leave a comment telling me whether you plan your menus in advance or daily.
- Click here now to subscribe to get our FREE customizable Email updates or HERE to get our FREE RSS updates. Leave a comment with your email address and tell me how you subscribe. If you are already a subscriber just leave a comment with the email address you used to subscribe.
- Head over and “like” A Proverbs Wife on Facebook. If you already do, just leave a comment with your Facebook name.
This giveaway is open to U.S. residents only. The giveaway ends on September 21, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. EST. A winner will chosen randomly and contacted by email. After which you will have 48 hours to clam your prize by responding to my email or a another winner will be chosen.