Today is my princess 10th birthday and I’m not sure who’s more excited. Me, her or her brothers.
Birthday’s are special times at our house. On your birthday you get a special meal of your choice, a special birthday cake and a special gift from mom and dad.
This year my birthday girl wants spinach and cheese Quesadillas for her special after school lunch. It’s a recipe
I tried a few weeks ago and it was a big hit with all of my kids.
The first time I made it I layered mozzarella and spinach in a 10″ flour wrap but this time I got smarter and combined both the mozzarella and spinach in the food processor.
This is a healthy and yummy recipe for not just a birthday lunch, but for any day.
I actually created the following recipe after seeing the above picture on Pinterest. I saw the image and assumed it was made just the way I typed it out below. Now that I’ve actually gone and checked out the recipe, I see it was a bit different.
I made mine using the instructions below and the kids loved it. If you want to recipe for the image above be sure to click on the recipe link under the image.
Spinach andMozzarella Quesadillas
- 6 0z. or 1/2 of a 12 oz. bag of fresh spinach
- 5 (8 – 10 inch) flour tortillas
- 8 oz. of mozzarella, shredded or finely chopped
- Pulse spinach and mozzarella in the food processor.
- Melt some butter in your pan. (I use the long flat side of a 2 sided iron griddle)
- Place as many tortillas in your pan as possible.
- Sprinkle as much of the chopped mozzarella and spinach onto half of a tortilla and fold the empty side over the filling.
- Cook until the quesadilla is golden brown on both sides and the cheese is melted, about 2-4 minutes per side.
I plan to get all of my chores done early so that I can be 100% available to my sweetie on her birthday.
Goals for Today:
1- Prep birthday lunch. (done)
2- Fry fish for dinner. (done)
3- Call Mother in Law.
4- Call Mother. (done)
5- Weekly finance/budget review.
7- Reading and Devotions
8- Wipe and dust lower level of house. (done)
Does your family have any special birthday traditions?