It’s Monday which means that I’m sitting somewhere cozy with a hot cup of coffee and planning out my week. Before I share my weeks goals I want to share a recap of this weekend.
I spent the weekend working on several projects that I’ll share soon. The den and master bedroom remodel is coming together so nicely and I can’t wait until everything is complete.
To complete the projects I started this weekend, I had to pick up a few things from the Home Depot and the Dollar Tree. While at the Dollar Tree I spotted the new line of organization tools and some other goodies worth sharing.
First let’s talk about the new fun colored baskets. In the picture below, the third row from the bottom was filled with all new baskets that range from square to rectangle and from shallow to deep.
These fun colored baskets can be used for organizing anything around your home.
They’d be great in a girls room too. I didn’t pick up any baskets this weekend, but plan to grab a few when I start updating my daughters room in a few weeks.
The other thing I wanted to mention were the wall decals below. There are lot’s of styles to choose from. There are girl or boy themed decals and also quotes for neutral areas like living rooms.
I saw several princess-y styled decals that could work in my daughters bedroom but I didn’t buy them since I wasn’t sure how these would look on an actual wall.
I did pick up a neutral decal to test it out.
The one I bought allowed me to see the scale and the durability of the decal adhesion. These decals are removable, so they can be repositioned several times with no problem. They are also more vivid then what it looks like in the picture taken below with my iPhone camera.
I really like the decals but because of the size, I would not use them in a large space such as my den. I do think that a grouping of the princes themed ones will be perfect for my daughters bedroom.
I have lot’s of homemaking projects planned, some in progress and some that I need to begin.
Here are some of my major home making projects for April through May.
1. Sand walls in the den.
2. Finish painting the den.
3. Touch up paint kids bathroom.
4. Update my ‘Home Inspiration’ notebook. 5. File paperwork. 6. Re-paint master bedroom dresser and nightstand.
7. Re-Organize Office Desk.
8. Work on mirrors and artwork for bedroom and den walls.
9. Touch up paint on den moulding.
10. Touch up paint on windowsills (entire house).
11. Clean tops of kitchen cabinets.
12. Clean inside both refrigerators.
Clean deep freezer.
Homemaking Projects for 2012
1. Paint the bathroom accent wall and newly installed floating shelf.
2. Find a dresser for the bathroom that will allow for more storage.
3. Paint (white) and reinstall current bathroom shelf.
4. Update den wall molding.
5. Paint youngest son and youngest daughters bedrooms.
6. Make headboards from youngest son and daughter.
7. Make guitar holder for youngest son.
8. Finish daughters dresser (sand and paint)
9. Sod backyard.
10. Add dirt to front yard to level lawn.
Goals for this week.
- Bible Reading: Read Bible everyday.
“Dogs bark, roosters crow, Christians read their Bibles everyday.” — Pastor Ken Jumper
- Prayer: Monday – Sunday
- – Prayer with and for my husband
- – Prayer with and for my children
- – Intercessory prayer for my family and others
- -Prayer request from friends, family, church and A Proverbs Wife readers.
- Personal Discipleship: Reading How To Know Gods Will by Dr. Charles W. Shepson
This Weeks Memory Verse
“Thou therefore, my (daughter), be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus.” II Timothy 2:1
Training My Children:
I’m Reading: Grace Based Parenting by Dr. Tim Kimmel
Kids/Family Daily Bible reading – Alone and with parents using the At Home Bible reading plan from church for the month of May.
Character Training: Working through the fears and relying on Gods faith.
“But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them; and that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.” II Timothy 3: 14-15