If things are not working in your life it may not be God’s will causing it, it may be a consequence for your decisions.
- 1. If they break my statutes, and keep not my commandments; Then will I visit their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. (Psalm 89:31, 32 KJV)
The remedy for most consequences is to take an inventory of yourself using the Bible as a guideline.
- 2. Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. (Psalm 139:23, 24 KJV)
Take one command at a time and ask yourself, “Am I being obedient to God concerning this command?”
- 3. For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous. (1 John 5:3 KJV)
If not pray and ask God to help you live according to His commands.
- 4. If ye love me, keep my commandments. (John 14:15 KJV)
When we honor God, He honors us. If we keep His commands, He fulfills His promises in our lives.
- 5. If ye walk in my statutes, and keep my commandments, and do them; (Read: Leviticus 26:KJV)
If you are lacking peace, experiencing unmet needs or anything in opposition of Gods goodness ask yourself, “Am I being obedient to God concerning His commands?”
If the issue is regarding your finances, search out his commands concerning finances. I’ve complied 20 scriptures dealing with finances here. If it’s your marriage, look for His commands concerning marriage.
God has a command for every situation you’ll ever face. Likewise, He has a promise of blessing for every command of His we follow.