There are four verses in Luke 11:1-4 that can teach us 6 Steps to an Effective Prayer Life. Have you ever prayed and felt like your prayers were not being answered?
I know I’ve certainly felt that way before I learned how to pray effectively. I am not interested abundance of words with no effect. I want my time in prayer with the Lord to be profitable.
The end result should be me getting answers from the Lord about the things that concern me. Isn’t it true that God cares about the things that concern us? (Psalm 138:8)
So how are we to pray effectively?
The best place to start is with the example of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ left us in Luke 11:1-4.
And it came to pass, that, as he was praying in a certain place, when he ceased, one of his disciples said unto him, Lord, teach us to pray, as John also taught his disciples.
And he said unto them, When ye pray, say, Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, as in heaven, so in earth.
Give us day by day our daily bread.
And forgive us our sins; for we also forgive every one that is indebted to us. And lead us not into temptation; but deliver us from evil.
Here are 6 Steps to an Effective Prayer Life
1. PRAISE – Praise God which this is simply the act of acknowledging that God is sovereign.
2. SURRENDER – Surrender to Gods will.
3. REQUEST– Make your request known to God by asking Him for what you need and not just what you want.
4. REPENT – Repent or ask for forgiveness.
5. FORGIVE – Forgive those who have offended you.
6. DIRECTION – Ask God for His direction and protection as you walk in His will.